Wikiposts

Dutch American couples

Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:30 am
Eileen

usadutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dutch American couples

Today a DutchAmerican couple was not allowed to submit DCF because they were married in America. This has not been the policy since I know it from 1999, and possibly since before that even.
Does anyone KNOW if the implemented policy has changed to only allow couples married in The Netherlands?
And yes, yes I know the offical website says you need to marry in The Netherlands. BUT that has not been the *implemented* policy for the last 8 years.
I know hundreds of couples married in America who sailed through DCF in less than 65 days. Please share with me any information you may have.
Thanks
-e
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch American couples

Originally Posted by usadutch
Today a DutchAmerican couple was not allowed to submit DCF because they were married in America. This has not been the policy since I know it from 1999, and possibly since before that even.
Does anyone KNOW if the implemented policy has changed to only allow couples married in The Netherlands?
And yes, yes I know the offical website says you need to marry in The Netherlands. BUT that has not been the *implemented* policy for the last 8 years.
I know hundreds of couples married in America who sailed through DCF in less than 65 days. Please share with me any information you may have.
Thanks
-e
Hey e,
first I've heard of it. You checked at the usadutch forum, right? Seems most people are filtering through there. I haven't seen any cases posted at visajourney lately either.
m
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mo, E is usadutch.... lol

Eileen, the only thing I can think of is maybe a change in ConOffs? Or maybe the stricter obeyance of the rules (okay, weird sentence) has made it's way to the consulate(s) now, too.

If the refused couple gave all the facts (and if they understood the reasons for refusal correctly), I guess all we can do is wait and see if it happens to any more USA-Dutchies married in the US.

Darn.

Elaine (yes, I'm still alive (and well) and I apologize for being MIA over there )
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HunterGreen

Eileen, the only thing I can think of is maybe a change in ConOffs? Or maybe the stricter obeyance of the rules (okay, weird sentence) has made it's way to the consulate(s) now, too.

If the refused couple gave all the facts (and if they understood the reasons for refusal correctly), I guess all we can do is wait and see if it happens to any more USA-Dutchies married in the US.

Darn.

Elaine (yes, I'm still alive (and well) and I apologize for being MIA over there )
lol, I wondered, but wasn't sure. Just remember, any publicity is GOOD publicity! lol

It's my understanding that sometimes policies do change when a new boss comes in, and that these 'rules' are made locally. It can also be if they feel that "too many" people are using the shorter line of DCF to accomplish their goal that it is time to tighten up the rules (remember London a few years ago).

Shot at much yet this year?
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:54 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

The Vice Consul did say she knew her next post: Suriname. This was in February. Of course, enquiring if she's off to Suriname might raise eyebrows as to how someone got that info!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
The Vice Consul did say she knew her next post: Suriname. This was in February. Of course, enquiring if she's off to Suriname might raise eyebrows as to how someone got that info!
LOL! Could be why though.
I love your kitten's names, btw.

Mo, nope, nothing but does so far.... prime time is almost here though.... but the freezer is still full, so no rush . We got the kidlet's first scent lock camo overalls last week. It's also just very cool to sit and watch the deer but kidlet did need the scent lock (we already had it). Sorry you asked?

Elaine
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:15 pm

Sorry you asked?

Elaine
Nah, just as long as you use it up which I know you do.
I just cleaned out a house last month where my treasure finds included a freezer full of elk steaks dated 1987 & 1983 and a case of canned king salmon from, wait for it, 1969.

I should add that there were new layers, every year. Eat it or leave 'em alone!
Or what was it the ex used to say? He was a Greenpeace-approved hunter. He just liked to go out walking in the woods...