Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Duplicates for I 134 for K1 interview London

Duplicates for I 134 for K1 interview London

Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:39 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Duplicates for I 134 for K1 interview London

Hi. My fiancee will have his interview in London at the US emassy. The I134 mentions duplicates of bank statements etc but the embassy sight doesn't mention that. Wht has anyone else done? Duplicates or single copies? Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duplicates for I 134 for K1 interview London

Since this is all hand carried to the interview, you should practice Safe Immigration 101: ALWAYS have an additional copy on hand of ANY piece of paper you are going to submit.

In the case of a bank statement, I submitted a photocopy, took the original to the interview for inspection, and carried a back up photocopy that I kept for my own 'a-file' record.

I've also never seen this question posted before you.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to re-mention here what I posted on her other thread, I sent Sadegh the original I-134 and photocopies of relevant backup info to him in Turkey. Then we attended his interview together, where I brought the original and another photocopy to the interview. I do not think he actually submitted duplicates of anything to begin with, but that was back in 2003 and I can't remember exactly.

Rene
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:26 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Since this is all hand carried to the interview, you should practice Safe Immigration 101: ALWAYS have an additional copy on hand of ANY piece of paper you are going to submit.

In the case of a bank statement, I submitted a photocopy, took the original to the interview for inspection, and carried a back up photocopy that I kept for my own 'a-file' record.

I've also never seen this question posted before you.
Thanks . Do you think it's necessary to take a duplicate affidavit as well? I had my mom who is my co sponsor get two copies notarized just in case. I have or am making photocopies of everything(tax returns, stock and mutual fund statements) that I am sending to my fiancee as well. We didn't have to submit this before hand so I am eing overly cautious!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Thanks . Do you think it's necessary to take a duplicate affidavit as well? I had my mom who is my co sponsor get two copies notarized just in case. I have or am making photocopies of everything(tax returns, stock and mutual fund statements) that I am sending to my fiancee as well. We didn't have to submit this before hand so I am eing overly cautious!
I don't think you would need a duplicate original, no. Just bring the original and a photocopy to the interview. Keep a photocopy at home with your own records too.

Rene
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't think you would need a duplicate original, no. Just bring the original and a photocopy to the interview. Keep a photocopy at home with your own records too.

Rene
Thanks again for your help
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:44 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
There can only be one original.

All forms submitted must be originals, evidence should be photocopies to submit with the original ready to present at interview.

You should keep a separate 'shadow' photocopy set for yourself of everything submitted (since originals may get filed back in their original spot in your records).
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
There can only be one original.

All forms submitted must be originals, evidence should be photocopies to submit with the original ready to present at interview.

You should keep a separate 'shadow' photocopy set for yourself of everything submitted (since originals may get filed back in their original spot in your records).
Thank you