Reload this Page >

DS 260 and other Questions

DS 260 and other Questions

Old Jan 16th 2019, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

JoJo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS 260 and other Questions

Hi everyone!

Just a reminder, I’m a USC married to UKC. We’re living in U.K. and doing DCF in London. I 130 was approved a few months ago and we’re gathering all the required documents, hoping to finish this whole process in the next couple months. I’ve got some more questions and hoping for a bit of help.

1. Can I fill out the DS 260 at anytime now? Do I pay the fee for that online or at the interview?

2. After I complete DS 260 online can I make both the medical and interview appointments?

3. For my co sponsor, will IRS transcripts of the last 3 years be acceptable? Or does it need to be the actual return with W2? She lost all that in a fire in 2017 and only has the one filed last year.

Thank you all!!
Old Jan 16th 2019, 5:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS 260 and other Questions

I'm not sure about 1 and 2, but wanted to point out that HE fills these out, not you.

3. IRS transcripts are fine.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2019, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm not sure about 1 and 2, but wanted to point out that HE fills these out, not you.

3. IRS transcripts are fine.

Rene
Thanks for that! I understand it’s him, thank you!
Old Jan 16th 2019, 10:34 am
Just Joined

ICUnursey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoJo22
Hi everyone!

Just a reminder, I’m a USC married to UKC. We’re living in U.K. and doing DCF in London. I 130 was approved a few months ago and we’re gathering all the required documents, hoping to finish this whole process in the next couple months. I’ve got some more questions and hoping for a bit of help.

1. Can I fill out the DS 260 at anytime now? Do I pay the fee for that online or at the interview?

2. After I complete DS 260 online can I make both the medical and interview appointments?

3. For my co sponsor, will IRS transcripts of the last 3 years be acceptable? Or does it need to be the actual return with W2? She lost all that in a fire in 2017 and only has the one filed last year.

Thank you all!!
Hi , the NVC sends you a welcome letter which has a case number and invoice number.
Once you’ve paid your immigration visa fee online , after the payment has been processed you will be able to fill in the DS260.
You can only book the medical and interview after the NVC has reviewed your DS260 and supporting documents and approved them . They then send the documents to your nearest consulate and they will contact you. Then you will be able to book the medical and interview. There is a lot of waiting so be prepared to be patient.
Good luck
Old Jan 16th 2019, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ICUnursey

Hi , the NVC sends you a welcome letter which has a case number and invoice number.
Once you’ve paid your immigration visa fee online , after the payment has been processed you will be able to fill in the DS260.
You can only book the medical and interview after the NVC has reviewed your DS260 and supporting documents and approved them . They then send the documents to your nearest consulate and they will contact you. Then you will be able to book the medical and interview. There is a lot of waiting so be prepared to be patient.
Good luck
I think you’re talking about filing stateside. My husband and I are both living in the U.K. so we’re filing in London. So the process is different.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ICUnursey

Good luck
The NVC is not involved in a DCF case.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2019, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

ICUnursey is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh sorry. Yes you’re right I was thinking about stateside not DCF.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Raphael88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoJo22
Hi everyone!

Thank you all!!
1. If you're planning to complete the whole process within the next couple of months, I'd suggest you fill out the DS-260 soon. I've checked my DS-260 confirmation page, and there doesn't seem to be an expiry date for the form. I wouldn't do it too early (i.e. 6 months early or more), but 5 or 6 weeks before the interview should be fine.
The fee is paid at the embassy, during the interview. It was $325 in late 2018, I don't know if it has increased yet or if the fee change occurs later in the year.

2. Yes. You don't need to have filed the DS-260 to book the medical appointment, you just need the LDN number, but for your peace of mind, I'd recommend you do it before making any appointments, just so that it's done and you can move on and focus on the next step.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Raphael88
1. If you're planning to complete the whole process within the next couple of months, I'd suggest you fill out the DS-260 soon. I've checked my DS-260 confirmation page, and there doesn't seem to be an expiry date for the form. I wouldn't do it too early (i.e. 6 months early or more), but 5 or 6 weeks before the interview should be fine.
The fee is paid at the embassy, during the interview. It was $325 in late 2018, I don't know if it has increased yet or if the fee change occurs later in the year.

2. Yes. You don't need to have filed the DS-260 to book the medical appointment, you just need the LDN number, but for your peace of mind, I'd recommend you do it before making any appointments, just so that it's done and you can move on and focus on the next step.

Thank you for your response!!

Does anyone know if transcripts from the IRS website printed at home are sufficient? Or do I actually have to order it and have it mailed to me? Their website has the option to print at home.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 12:41 pm

Print at home should be fine.

Rene
Old Jan 17th 2019, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Print at home should be fine.

Rene
Agreed. It's what I did.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Thank you everyone for your help!!