Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DS 230 questions....advice please

Wikiposts

DS 230 questions....advice please

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

gazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default DS 230 questions....advice please

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help and advice given.

My wife(USC) and myself(UKC) currently have an approved I- 130 visa in progress. I am currently in the USA visiting my wife for 90days on the VWP. We have just received the form DS 230 from NVC,and are currently trying to fill it out. We have a couple of questions:

On question #20 it asks for : List all places you have lived for at least six months. My problem is on at one address i lived at many years ago i cannot remember the house number. What should i write?

On question # 25 it asks for:List dates of all previous visits/residence in the USA. Problem is i have all the date stamps of previous entries, but cannot remember accurately all the dates i`ve exited the USA. Also as i`m in the US at present and intend to remain here for the next 90 days how can i give a date at which i exited on the frm? Any advice please would be greatly appreciated.

Gazza64
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS 230 questions....advice please

Originally Posted by gazza64
On question #20 it asks for : List all places you have lived for at least six months. My problem is on at one address i lived at many years ago i cannot remember the house number. What should i write?
Just put as much of the address as you remember. Leave off the house number if you don't remember it.

On question # 25 it asks for:List dates of all previous visits/residence in the USA. Problem is i have all the date stamps of previous entries, but cannot remember accurately all the dates i`ve exited the USA. Also as i`m in the US at present and intend to remain here for the next 90 days how can i give a date at which i exited on the frm? Any advice please would be greatly appreciated.
List the dates to the best of your knowledge. And since you haven't left the USA yet on this trip, I would say you can't list this particular trip. It says to list "previous" visits. This visit is a current one.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

gazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond reputegazza64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Just put as much of the address as you remember. Leave off the house number if you don't remember it.

List the dates to the best of your knowledge. And since you haven't left the USA yet on this trip, I would say you can't list this particular trip. It says to list "previous" visits. This visit is a current one.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks Rene.

Should i/we mention my current trip to the USA on another piece of paper attached to the DS230 form or not mention it at all? Just concerned about not being honest with them.

Thanks

Gazza64
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:30 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Should i/we mention my current trip to the USA on another piece of paper attached to the DS230 form or not mention it at all?
You are asked about previous trips. Don't confuse them by giving information not asked for.

Ian
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene.

Should i/we mention my current trip to the USA on another piece of paper attached to the DS230 form or not mention it at all? Just concerned about not being honest with them.

Thanks

Gazza64
If there is space on the form (or go ahead and attach another sheet), you can go ahead and indicate that you're currently in the USA for a 90-day visit, I don't see any harm in that.

By the way, my husband didn't know some of the information on his forms, such as the address of his high school, his parents' birthdates, etc. We put the city and country for the school address, and just put "approximately 1940" for the birthdates. It was all acceptable.

Rene
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If there is space on the form (or go ahead and attach another sheet), you can go ahead and indicate that you're currently in the USA for a 90-day visit, I don't see any harm in that.

By the way, my husband didn't know some of the information on his forms, such as the address of his high school, his parents' birthdates, etc. We put the city and country for the school address, and just put "approximately 1940" for the birthdates. It was all acceptable.

Rene
Hi,

I think we`ll just put on another piece of paper to indicate i`m currently in the US at the DS 230 form was submitted. Just think honestly is the best policy with US immigration. And will go ahead and put the best approx dates of my previous exits from the US.

Thanks Rene and ian - mstm