Wikiposts

DS 230

Old Apr 10th 2010, 5:24 am
Just Joined

walsheee88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question DS 230

Quick question about this form...

Question 35 asks you to list all previous visits to the USA. OK. Then it asks you to give type of visa status if know - (Ive held 3 J1 visas in the past, tis how i met my fiance!) and then it asks for DHS 'A' number if any. Any ideas what this means, or am i worrying unessarily?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 5:43 am
Just Joined

walsheee88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: DS 230

Another DS230 type question:

at the end of part 1 should i sign it or no? I know you shouldnt sign at the end of part 2, but what about at the end of part 1?

Anyone got any bright ideas?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 5:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS 230

Well, do you have an A# or not?
It will often appear on your visa or petition paperwork; you could check any NOAs you have received, previous visas etc.

DS-230 Part 1 should be signed, Part 2, not signed until the interview.
then again, if you are applying for a K-1 visa, you won't be using Part 2 at all.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:07 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walsheee88

Question 35 asks you to list all previous visits to the USA. OK. Then it asks you to give type of visa status if know - (Ive held 3 J1 visas in the past, tis how i met my fiance!) and then it asks for DHS 'A' number if any. Any ideas what this means, or am i worrying unessarily?
Listen to Meauxna! Sign part one of the ds-230 not part 2....and as far as the A# it is listed on any of the NOA's or paperwork you have received from USCIS...Its normally near the top along with your name address, case number, the notice date....etc...least thats where my hubby's A# was!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:38 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

w,

If you've gotten as far as submitting DS-230 then you do have an A#. Ask your petitioner if it's shown on either the Receipt Notice or the Approval Notice for the petition. If not then you do not know what your A# is, but again - you do have one.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by walsheee88

.... it asks for DHS 'A' number if any. Any ideas what this means, or am i worrying unessarily?