DS-2001 ready to send, but holiday booked to USA

Wikiposts

DS-2001 ready to send, but holiday booked to USA

Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

gwoolfall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS-2001 ready to send, but holiday booked to USA

Hi there,

I have my affidavit of support and have my medical booked for 9 days time. I am however going to the states for 12 days on October 14th for one last trip to visit my fiance . Does anyone have any advice about should I wait until I've had my medical to send the DS-2001 in, or should I wait until I'm back from Holiday? I know it can take 4-6 weeks to receive the interview date so....

Also, can anyone think of any potential problems in me visiting the states after I send the DS-2001 in?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-2001 ready to send, but holiday booked to USA

I'd say if you send it back now youll be okay, how about putting a short cover letter giving the dates youll be away, so could they possibly make the interview date after that? I sent mine back in August and my interview date is Oct 8th.

I'm also about to head to the USA for a week to do some practical preparation for moving there, and i have no worries about travelling during the visa process - got strong ties in the UK, (two kids!!) etc, plenty of money and return flights, as long as you are genuine and well prepared i dont think youll have any trouble.

Maddy xx