Reload this Page >

DS-160 Photo nightmare!

DS-160 Photo nightmare!

Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

jietee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DS-160 Photo nightmare!

Originally Posted by AddyLaddy
Finally got through at 2pm today. $900 later we're all sorted for an appointment at the beginning of July.

Just make sure you have the I-797 (Receipt number and Case Type) and all your passport details to hand before calling.
Hello Nickre2000. I'm having the same problem. My visa appointment is next week and i'm getting a bit worried about this photo stuff. How did you take your Photograoh? Can you use passport styles photographs?
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:43 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got through at 2pm today. $900 later we're all sorted for an appointment at the beginning of July.

Just make sure you have the I-797 (Receipt number and Case Type) and all your passport details to hand before calling.
You can also call a US number and pay a flat $16 to make the appointment:

"Nonimmigrant Visa Appointment Line - 09042-450-100 (calls cost £1.20 per min); callers from within the United States - 1 -866-3823589 (calls charged at $16)"

tht
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

AddyLaddy has a spectacular aura aboutAddyLaddy has a spectacular aura aboutAddyLaddy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tht
You can also call a US number and pay a flat $16 to make the appointment:

"Nonimmigrant Visa Appointment Line - 09042-450-100 (calls cost £1.20 per min); callers from within the United States - 1 -866-3823589 (calls charged at $16)"

tht
Never thought of doing that. Better still, sign up for google voice (set your language to en_US) and then ring the US number for *free* from the UK!
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:48 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Never thought of doing that. Better still, sign up for google voice (set your language to en_US) and then ring the US number for *free* from the UK!
I believe Google voice does an IP validation (at sign-up), but Skype will get you to the same place. You don't pay the $16 until you get through to a real person...

tht

Last edited by tht; Sep 8th 2010 at 7:50 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

AddyLaddy has a spectacular aura aboutAddyLaddy has a spectacular aura aboutAddyLaddy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tht
I believe Google voice does an IP validation (at sign-up), but Skype will get you to the same place. You don't pay the $16 until you get through to a real person...

tht
You may be right, I probably signed up when I was on a VPN connection to my office in the States. But then the call number box disappeared until I changed my language to en_US.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

zarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nice

Haha sorry to laugh but I remember the DS-160.. couldn't get the photo validated worth crap. Once I got it validated it looked like utter bs .
I just made sure to bring with me an extra set of photos to the embassy. They didn't even look twice at it lol.