DS-160 Help

Old Nov 5th 2018, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

01morrissonj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS-160 Help

Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you to all those that have helped answer my questions so far, but I come to you have another couple of questions.

My fiancée and I have received the email saying that our case has left the NVC and is one its way to the Embassy in London (it's probably already there as we got the notice a week ago).
In preparation for the interview I have started to fill out the DS-160, but have a couple of questions, I've searched through the forum and don't think they've been asked before but sorry if they have:

1) When the form asks for city that my passport was been issued im not sure what to put as my passport says "HMPO". What would I put?
2) The form also asks to confirm that I have had all necessary vaccinations in line with US guidelines, im guessing I cannot tick "yes" until I have had my medical and received any extra vaccinations they deem necessary?

Thanks very much everyone!
Old Nov 5th 2018, 1:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-160 Help

What does the HMPO stand for? Her Majesty's Post Office? Do you remember where you went to get your passport? Did you mail it in? If so, to where?

Why would you wait until the medical to have the vaccinations? You have read the sticky pages at the opening of the forum, I hope, and know that you need to get to your medical doctor for a summary of your medical history to be taken to the medical in Knightsbridge. While you are there, find out what vaccinations you have had and get the ones you are missing at no charge to yourself.

What do you consider "extra" vaccinations?
Old Nov 5th 2018, 1:18 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

1) I put London for ours, this caused no problems.
2) Check the list https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...cine_chart.pdf and see if you need any more. You will need a flu jab at this time of year.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 1:20 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
What does the HMPO stand for? Her Majesty's Post Office? Do you remember where you went to get your passport? Did you mail it in? If so, to where?
Her Majesty's Passport Office
UK passports used to be issued at several locations and this was marked in the passport. These days unless you have to go in person to a passport issuing office, they all just say HMPO with no location details.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete

Why would you wait until the medical to have the vaccinations? You have read the sticky pages at the opening of the forum, I hope, and know that you need to get to your medical doctor for a summary of your medical history to be taken to the medical in Knightsbridge. While you are there, find out what vaccinations you have had and get the ones you are missing at no charge to yourself.

What do you consider "extra" vaccinations?

HMPO stands for Her Majesty's Passport Office.
When I first applied for my passport, and subsequently had it renewed it was addressed to HMPO.

Yes, I have already applied for a copy of my full medical history prior to the Medical at Knightsbridge and should receive it in the next week or so.

I believe I am up to date with all UK vaccinations, but I don't know how that equates to US requirements. Is there a particular vaccination that's needed by the US but not standard in the UK that I will need to get.
Regarding the vaccination bit on the DS-160, Is it safer to wait until the medical at Knightsbridge and have confirmation that I have all the vaccinations I need. Or can I just go ahead and put "yes" because I will arrange any missing vaccinations anyway?

Thanks
Old Nov 5th 2018, 3:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is spelled out on the chart that lizzyq gave you the link to from the US Embassy website.

Get the flu shot before you go to the medical. Cheaper.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I got my flu shot done on Saturday at Boots for £12.99 as I’m not eligible for a free one from the GP but still cheaper than getting it done at Knightsbridge. I also got my Tdap done for free at my GP, my MMR was up to date. Get them done before you go its much cheaper. The embassy site gives you all the information that you need
Old Nov 7th 2018, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

I've double checked the Required Vaccines chart and have now booked by Flu Shot (at Boots).

Looking at the Varicella (which I think is chicken pox) do I need to be vaccinated against it if I've already had it when I was a child?

Thanks!
Old Nov 7th 2018, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Nicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 01morrissonj
Hi,

I've double checked the Required Vaccines chart and have now booked by Flu Shot (at Boots).

Looking at the Varicella (which I think is chicken pox) do I need to be vaccinated against it if I've already had it when I was a child?

Thanks!
No you don’t need the shot apparently they take your word for it if you’ve had it as a child. Im on the train on the way to my medical now so I’ll let you know!
Old Nov 7th 2018, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola1234
No you don’t need the shot apparently they take your word for it if you’ve had it as a child. Im on the train on the way to my medical now so I’ll let you know!
Hey,

Excellent, thanks very much.
Will be very interested to hear about your experience!
Old Nov 7th 2018, 1:42 pm
Concierge

Not so much your word that you have had chicken pox but that the vaccination is not standard in the UK and not given routinely to children as it is in the US. And here I am, an American, never had chicken pox and never had the shot. At least I don't have to worry about getting shingles.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Medical done. With the chicken pox you just tick a box to say you had it and that’s that. I didn’t need to have any shots done as I had what was needed before hand. I was in there for about 3 hours as it was busy but it was fine
Old Nov 7th 2018, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Medical done. With the chicken pox you just tick a box to say you had it and that’s that. I didn’t need to have any shots done as I had what was needed before hand. I was in there for about 3 hours as it was busy but it was fine
Thanks for the update, glad it all went smoothly.

I had my email that the NVC had sent everything to London about a week ago so im hoping to hear from the Embassy in a few weeks.

Cheers!
Old Nov 7th 2018, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 01morrissonj
Thanks for the update, glad it all went smoothly.

I had my email that the NVC had sent everything to London about a week ago so im hoping to hear from the Embassy in a few weeks.

Cheers!

it shoukd be at the embassy now. Mine only took 3 days to get there. Track it on the CEAC website using your case number and it will tell you where it is
Old Nov 12th 2018, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

it shoukd be at the embassy now. Mine only took 3 days to get there. Track it on the CEAC website using your case number and it will tell you where it is
Thanks Nicola!

I checked out that website and it told me exactly where it is!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.