Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DS-156 questions need answers, please!

Wikiposts

DS-156 questions need answers, please!

Old Mar 6th 2003, 6:51 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default DS-156 questions need answers, please!

Hi,

I am still trying to get the forms together for opening a provisional file at the US embassy in London, and I have some questions!

1) Which photos do I need to send with the DS-156, ADIT or ordinary passport ones?

2) Question 34 - names and relationships of persons travelling with you - at this moment, I am not sure whether either one of my girls will be going with me permanently. Both will be travelling with me, as they want to be there for the wedding and a couple of weeks afterward, but they might not actually stay there then, they might return to the UK and then join me later. How should I answer? Also, if things change nearer the interview time, will it matter? Could I just tell them at the interview, or email them ahead of time?

3) Again for DS-156, question 36 - has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf? Well, I have never had one before, but the question is, is the I-129F classed as an immigrant visa or non-immigrant one? Kurt and I could not agree on this point.

Thanks!

Debbie
Old Mar 6th 2003, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

cdnclv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DS-156 questions need answers, please!

I think I can help you with questions #1 and 3. Passport photos are what they require, but cut to the specifications of the embassy or consulate. The K-1 fiancee visa is a non-immigrant visa. Answer "NO". Good luck with question #2

Originally posted by dbark
Hi,

I am still trying to get the forms together for opening a provisional file at the US embassy in London, and I have some questions!

1) Which photos do I need to send with the DS-156, ADIT or ordinary passport ones?

2) Question 34 - names and relationships of persons travelling with you - at this moment, I am not sure whether either one of my girls will be going with me permanently. Both will be travelling with me, as they want to be there for the wedding and a couple of weeks afterward, but they might not actually stay there then, they might return to the UK and then join me later. How should I answer? Also, if things change nearer the interview time, will it matter? Could I just tell them at the interview, or email them ahead of time?

3) Again for DS-156, question 36 - has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf? Well, I have never had one before, but the question is, is the I-129F classed as an immigrant visa or non-immigrant one? Kurt and I could not agree on this point.

Thanks!

Debbie
Old Mar 6th 2003, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I sent Audit photo's but I don't think it really matters,They will just send you off to get some more done like they did with Darrenb.

It would be better to put both of them down as travelling with you,That way If they change their minds after entry they need not go back,Plus they will have no trouble getting into the country if they have the Visa.

This one is NO.

As you know I was in the same situation as you with both my Children,Sadly only my Daughter is staying here.

Hope this helps

Sal

Thanks!

Debbie
Old Mar 6th 2003, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cdnclv
I think I can help you with questions #1 and 3. Passport photos are what they require, but cut to the specifications of the embassy or consulate. The K-1 fiancee visa is a non-immigrant visa. Answer "NO". Good luck with question #2
You MUST get photos like ADIT specs. (3/4 frontal view) The below instructions are on form IV-15 check list which you should have printed from Embassy site.

r Three Color Photographs. These photographs must have a white background and must be glossy, unretouched, unmounted, and identical. The dimension of facial image should be about 1 inch from chin to the top of the hair; the subject should be shown in 3/4 frontal view showing the right side of face with the right ear clearly visible. No earrings should be worn.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Black Label is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry..but for D-156 you need regular photos with front face just like passport.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Black Label
sorry..but for D-156 you need regular photos with front face just like passport.

Sorry Black Label I beg to differ...LMAO..I had Audit Photo's and thats whats on my Visa.......Side faceing!!!!

Sal
Old Mar 6th 2003, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

I have to disagree. Where are you finding the specs for these photos? I don't have anything to go by, other than what the IV-15 checklist asks you to bring to the interview?

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/iv15.htm

Do you have a link that you could post?
Old Mar 6th 2003, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

PASSPORT: Valid passport for each applicant.

FORMS: Two fully completed DS-156 non-immigrant visa application forms for each applicant.

PHOTOS: Two passport-sized, frontal view color photographs for each applicant.

BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Original and photocopy of birth certificate for each applicant. If your birth was not registered, please submit your school record showing parentage, affidavit of birth executed by your parents or by some elderly person in your family, and /or a "no record of birth registration" letter from the municipality. If any of these documents were issued in a regional language, a notarized English translation is required in addition to the original.

Look thats what it asks me to bring it with DS-156.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

PASSPORT: Valid passport for each applicant.

FORMS: Two fully completed DS-156 non-immigrant visa application forms for each applicant.

PHOTOS: Two passport-sized, frontal view color photographs for each applicant.

BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Original and photocopy of birth certificate for each applicant. If your birth was not registered, please submit your school record showing parentage, affidavit of birth executed by your parents or by some elderly person in your family, and /or a "no record of birth registration" letter from the municipality. If any of these documents were issued in a regional language, a notarized English translation is required in addition to the original.

Look thats what it asks me to bring it with DS-156.
Just for the sake of clarification: Are you having your interview at US Embassy in London? And if you are, is this on the interview letter they sent you? Please clarify.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 9:13 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default In a perfect world

I wish that I had the time and resources to put together a website, info page or something that specifies for each consulate WHAT their various and sundry requirements and MOST importantly their mos were regarding the different petitions. Also an added comment page like if you mail something do such and such, or don't even think of calling them on the fifth Tuesday of the month, or the consular officer really, really likes chocolate chip cookies.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

by the way..this requirement is for New Delhi, India..I know its different for each Consulate..so please find out what your require.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 9:19 am

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BritAmerica
Just for the sake of clarification: Are you having your interview at US Embassy in London? And if you are, is this on the interview letter they sent you? Please clarify.
And for myself, I am going to be interviewed in London, but have no interview letter yet, I am just opening a provisional file ahead of time. Still confused, I think I will just take both types!

Thanks,

Debbie
Old Mar 6th 2003, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

by the way..this requirement is for New Delhi, India..I know its different for each Consulate..so please find out what your require.

Dbark needs the Audit photo's as she is going to the London Embassy!!!!
I took both Audit and passport photo's with me and they took the Audit ones!!!!!!
The reason I took the photo's with me was because I did not send them with Packet 3.

Sal
Old Mar 6th 2003, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

And for myself, I am going to be interviewed in London, but have no interview letter yet, I am just opening a provisional file ahead of time. Still confused, I think I will just take both types!

Thanks,

Debbie
Debbie,

Black label is not going through London. That is where the confusion lies. IV-15 states 3/4 frontal like ADIT. So you'll be fine with that. I don't know why he didn't pick up on the "London" part.

Sal just went through all of this, so I'd have to believe ADIT is correct.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 9:25 am

OK thanks all,

you're all wonderful!!

Debbie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.