Wikiposts

DS-156, Question 33

Old Jan 6th 2003, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS-156, Question 33

Hello,

I am completing the DS-156 for my Interview in a couple weeks and had a question about #33...

"Have you ever been arresteed or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance (drug), or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes?"

The last question doesn't apply... but the first one may. I've had a speeding ticket where I had someone represent me in court. I paid the fine and my dues with the demerit points... Is that enough to tick off the YES in that area? I've already received my RCMP Clearance back and there are no convictions against me even though this speeding infraction happened almost 2 years after the RCMP check went through... Any comments?

Thanks,

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:01 am
Jerry-44

Jerry-44 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't thinks so speeding ticket is criminal offence,, and I will not even mention about that..
Jerry-44
Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-156, Question 33

Ian,

Yes, my comment is that there is a difference between 'no' (or 'none') and 'does not apply'.

The last question does apply. I think what you mean is that your answer to the question is 'no'.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by eiloo
Hello,

I am completing the DS-156 for my Interview in a couple weeks and had a question about #33...

"Have you ever been arresteed or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance (drug), or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes?"

The last question doesn't apply... ... Any comments?

Thanks,

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point

traffic offenses are not criminal offenses unless you were arrested for it as far as I understand

susie
Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DS-156, Question 33

Originally posted by eiloo
Hello,

The last question doesn't apply... but the first one may. I've had a speeding ticket where I had someone represent me in court. I paid the fine and my dues with the demerit points... Is that enough to tick off the YES in that area? I've already received my RCMP Clearance back and there are no convictions against me even though this speeding infraction happened almost 2 years after the RCMP check went through... Any comments?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi:

Its not a bar to admission, so -- Check "yes" and then give a description of "traffic offence" -- and what happened. I don't think you have to prodcue paperwork.

I do this all the time for my clients -- usually on I-485 forms -- put in "yes" on arrests and then put -- minor traffic offense only or some such. You've disclosed it,