DS-156

Old Jul 19th 2012, 4:56 pm
Manchester born and bred

jsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond repute
Default DS-156

Who has to fill one of these out?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 5:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-156

Anyone who is applying for a non-immigrant visa. That includes K-1.

https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp
http://www.immihelp.com/visas/ds156.html

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jul 19th 2012 at 5:21 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 5:31 pm
Manchester born and bred

jsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond reputejsav has a reputation beyond repute

I just spoke to the US embassy and the lady on the phone told me that I didn't have to fill this out. I know it's a call centre, so I didn't take her answer as gospel, so I thought I would just double check. I'm applying for a F-1 visa so I DO have to fill it out?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 5:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsav
I just spoke to the US embassy and the lady on the phone told me that I didn't have to fill this out. I know it's a call centre, so I didn't take her answer as gospel, so I thought I would just double check. I'm applying for a F-1 visa so I DO have to fill it out?
http://www.immihelp.com/visas/studen...documents.html

DS-160 might have taken the place of DS-156 for F-1 visas; I'm not 100% sure.

Rene
Old Jul 25th 2012, 6:04 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Noorah101
http://www.immihelp.com/visas/studen...documents.html

DS-160 might have taken the place of DS-156 for F-1 visas; I'm not 100% sure.

Rene
I BELIEVE that I had to fill out a DS156 back in 2007 when I got my L1. Just got a new L1 last week and I never did a DS156, just the DS160.

So, I BELIEVE that the DS160 has generally replaced DS156s (and Im sure there was another form due to my being male and of a certain age previously too - all rolled into DS160 now)

Don't rely on my 5 year old memory...