Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Drug use on medical history, green card application

Drug use on medical history, green card application

Old Sep 29th 2019, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

XavierDavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Drug use on medical history, green card application

Hi everyone, just wondering if the following will impact my green card application if/when we decide to apply (will most likely go down the fiance visa route first). Just for clarity me (uk citizen) will be hopefully relocating to my partner (US citizen).

I have no criminal record at all. I have an admission to hospital after taking cocaine at a party whilst drunk, and as i have an anxiety disorder (no danger to anyone including myself) i went home, took a diazapam to calm me down. As id been drinking, did nt realise diazapam and alcohol could knock u out, i passed out qnd my partner at the time called an ambulance and i was admitted to hospital and released the same day.

This is on my medical records and i am definitely not a drug abuser, any test would show that if required but of cource i will 100% be honest during the interview.

Not the end of the world if its a no, if its meant to be its meant to be so im not stressing, just wondering if this could cause problems

Thanks everyone :-)
Old Sep 29th 2019, 1:56 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drug use on medical history, green card application

You will be required to disclose it at medical. Unlikely that a single instance of drug taking will entirely derail your medical, even class A, but you may have it delayed for a year while they test you on multiple occasions to see that you remain drug free.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

XavierDavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Drug use on medical history, green card application

Originally Posted by civilservant
You will be required to disclose it at medical. Unlikely that a single instance of drug taking will entirely derail your medical, even class A, but you may have it delayed for a year while they test you on multiple occasions to see that you remain drug free.
thanks for getting bk to me, thats what i thought, we all make mistakes, 100% full disclosure regardless anyway, like i say, no point lying, what happens happens. Thanks :-)