Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

a dropped RFE and subsequent K1 approval !?

Wikiposts

a dropped RFE and subsequent K1 approval !?

Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default a dropped RFE and subsequent K1 approval !?

On March 1st we recieved an RFE (on-line) from NSC in response to our K1 application. 24 days later we have got nothing in the post. We phoned up NSC in regard to this delay and were told we would have to wait 30 days until they would enquire into the delay. So today I decide to check our online status just to check that our status hasnt been changed to 'wrong mailing address, RFE returned to service center' etc.

So when I check I see we have been approved ...Im trying very hard not to get my hopes up as this all seems very strange...Is there anyway of checking for certain what is going on or why our RFE has been dropped 24 days later or if it hasnt why our on-line status says approved.....???

Does anyone know of this happening before or how I might find out for certain what is going on ???

"This case has been approved. On March 20, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a dropped RFE and subsequent K1 approval !?

Sounds to me like they rec'd your RFE, got back what they wanted from you and subsequently approved your petition. From what others have said, they don't receive anything back from the service center saying that your RFE has been rec'd.

Try calling the mis-information line and check your status through them as well. When we got approved online I didn't initially believe it so I used the automated system to check our status and talked to a live person on the information line. I started to believe it after all 3 statuses were approved.

Congrats on what sounds like your approval!

Originally posted by MrDub
On March 1st we recieved an RFE (on-line) from NSC in response to our K1 application. 24 days later we have got nothing in the post. We phoned up NSC in regard to this delay and were told we would have to wait 30 days until they would enquire into the delay. So today I decide to check our online status just to check that our status hasnt been changed to 'wrong mailing address, RFE returned to service center' etc.

So when I check I see we have been approved ...Im trying very hard not to get my hopes up as this all seems very strange...Is there anyway of checking for certain what is going on or why our RFE has been dropped 24 days later or if it hasnt why our on-line status says approved.....???

Does anyone know of this happening before or how I might find out for certain what is going on ???

"This case has been approved. On March 20, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Sounds to me like they rec'd your RFE, got back what they wanted from you and subsequently approved your petition. From what others have said, they don't receive anything back from the service center saying that your RFE has been rec'd.

Try calling the mis-information line and check your status through them as well. When we got approved online I didn't initially believe it so I used the automated system to check our status and talked to a live person on the information line. I started to believe it after all 3 statuses were approved.

Congrats on what sounds like your approval!

Well the thing is WE never even recieved the RFE through the post and hence never replied to it !. We just read online/phoned to learn we had been sent an RFE on March 1st but it never arrived and now we are being told we are approved !!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Well the thing is WE never even recieved the RFE through the post and hence never replied to it !. We just read online/phoned to learn we had been sent an RFE on March 1st but it never arrived and now we are being told we are approved !!
Look for the NOA2 in the mail hopefully it will come. Who knows, maybe the person while preparing the RFE realized they had what they wanted right infront of them and just never bothered to remove the RFE notice. I have no clue how these people operate sometimes. Congratulations on the approval none the less!!!

MarDae
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Very strange indeed.. but sounds like you have been approved. Who knows what happened - they are crazy! I would wait a couple days and call the NVC to see if they have received your papers Good Luck

Angela
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Oh! That is crazy then! Good luck in finding out what the heck is going on! Wish I could give futher advice!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:46 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope the RFE was wrong and you are approved.

Best of luck either way.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 4:11 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear that one of several things occurred:

1. The original RFE was an error and meant for someone other than you; or

2. The original RFE was for a piece of paper that someone misplaced and thought was not included but "found" before the actual RFE was mailed to you; or

3. The approval is incorrect and meant for someone else.

Sorry, but it looks like you will have to wait until you get the approval NOA in the mail to be 100% sure.

Rete

Old Mar 24th 2004, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Rete
It would appear that one of several things occurred:

1. The original RFE was an error and meant for someone other than you; or

2. The original RFE was for a piece of paper that someone misplaced and thought was not included but "found" before the actual RFE was mailed to you; or

3. The approval is incorrect and meant for someone else.

Sorry, but it looks like you will have to wait until you get the approval NOA in the mail to be 100% sure.

Rete
I guess your right....this is going to be a long few days. I just hope its not option3 !
Old Mar 24th 2004, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess your right....this is going to be a long few days. I just hope its not option3 !
Think positive and let's all cross our fingers and hope that within a few days you get the NOA 2 in the mail!!! Since some people never receive NOA 2 in the mail, I would wait a little over a week from the "supposedly approved date" and call NVC, if they have your file, then you know for sure you have been approved. Good luck and keep us updated!!

Lily,