Drivers license, Pennsylvania

Wikiposts

Drivers license, Pennsylvania

Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:00 pm
Her
Forum Regular

Her is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Drivers license, Pennsylvania

i'm currently awating an answer from bcis, ( i didn't have a medical done, at the interview they told us to get it done and sent it to them, i asked if there would be another interview, she said no.)

i get it done right away and send it, long while passes, and then i get "Receipt for i-72" and that a decision will be made by september 7..WHAT!? she basically said that she could not do anything until i had the medical.

so now it seems they are acting as if this was some "additional evidence"...whatever really.

Now we're thinking about moving, maybe NJ maybe Pennsylvania.

I read that pennsylvania won't give a DL without "green card" or the i-551 stamp, notice of action or approval. I heard the same from my aunt.

I called Penndot, and for "non-citizens", immigrants, they said i needed the previous.

it's insane that one state licenses you to drive and next won't allow you.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drivers license, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Her
it's insane that one state licenses you to drive and next won't allow you.
When my USC wife moved from Michican to Kentucky, she had to take both a written test and a road test to get a Kentucky DL. When I moved from Canada, I handed the clerk my Nova Scotia DL and she handed me back a Kentucky DL! No tests of any kind. Go figure!

Ian
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

Check for posts from MarDae. PennDOT did require the I551 stamp when we went through, but they did not for her fiance by the time he went through. I would like to think my prolonged explanations of the position they were putting us in helped initiate the change. We were using the office at Cameron and Sycamore in Harrisburg, but the guidelines should all be the same.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

They are only asking for the following from me to get a PA DL :

- 2 forms of ID (passport - ssn card)
- Lease + utility Bill
- proof that I am adjusting status (NoA)

They did not want the actual stamp.

I have an international Belgian license, so they said I will be issued a learners permit after the theory tests and then be allowed to take my road test immediatly without doing 600hrs on the learners permit.

This is very weird, as a German or French license is traded in for a PA non commercial immediatly. And the only difference with my license is that they have one letter difference on the front ( F for france or D for Germany, where I have B for Belgium).
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

156thSt. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Darkie
They are only asking for the following from me to get a PA DL :

- 2 forms of ID (passport - ssn card)
- Lease + utility Bill
- proof that I am adjusting status (NoA)

They did not want the actual stamp.

I have an international Belgian license, so they said I will be issued a learners permit after the theory tests and then be allowed to take my road test immediatly without doing 600hrs on the learners permit.

This is very weird, as a German or French license is traded in for a PA non commercial immediatly. And the only difference with my license is that they have one letter difference on the front ( F for france or D for Germany, where I have B for Belgium).
How can a Social Security card be considered an ID? It has no picture on it.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I might have explained it a wrong way, here are the requirements :

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms...s/pub195nc.pdf

It clearly says "For applicants of adjustment of status" :

- Social Security Card or letter from Social Security Administration indicating that Social Security Administration did not make a decision yet,
- 2 proofs of residency,
- Immigration documentation indicating status, and
- One of the following:
• Employment Authorization Document I-688B or I-766
• Passport
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:43 am
Her
Forum Regular

Her is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard about people geting rejected before, but i believe a Print out of their requirements for an immigrant adjusting status should (hopefully) do the trick.

about the 600hrs..it says if over 21 one can take the schedule the road test immediatly rigth?

NOA meaning a receipt for the i-485?
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:03 pm
Sharon

Last year, I got my Pa driver's license without a SSN. I just showed
them my Taxpayer Identification Number card, my passport, my K3 visa,
Canadian Driver's License and letter from SSA office that they can't
give me a SSN.