Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

The dreaded Interview Waiver letter

The dreaded Interview Waiver letter

Old Nov 21st 2014, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

CalgaryStampeder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The dreaded Interview Waiver letter

I know over on other forums there's threads regarding this, has anyone else received the Interview Waiver Notice when filing AOS? I received mine back at the end of July after answering an RFE and my case hasn't been touched since May.

The letter states a delay of up to 6 months but from what i've heard from other people this delay is actually much longer meaning i'll most likely have to renew my EAD..

Would love to hear from others in this waiting stage
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 12:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dreaded Interview Waiver letter

Originally Posted by Natonstan
I know over on other forums there's threads regarding this, has anyone else received the Interview Waiver Notice when filing AOS? I received mine back at the end of July after answering an RFE and my case hasn't been touched since May.

The letter states a delay of up to 6 months but from what i've heard from other people this delay is actually much longer meaning i'll most likely have to renew my EAD..

I've only seen one other post like that on here recently, and they had just gotten the same Interview Waiver Notice (meaning you're further along in the wait than they are).

I'd say since the letter states 6 months, that if you don't have your green card in hand by February 2015, then make an InfoPass appointment to ask about your case in person.

If you need to renew your EAD in the meantime, that can be done by filing another I-765 for renewal. I believe the fee applies this time, though. And make sure you apply 60 - 90 days before the current one expires, so you won't have a gap in work authorization.

Rene
Old Nov 24th 2014, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Scot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really nice
Default Re: The dreaded Interview Waiver letter

Originally Posted by Natonstan

I was issued the same letter back in December 2013. 4 months later (March 2014) I received my CPR card. Good luck.

Cheers