Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Downloading the Packet 3 forms

Wikiposts

Downloading the Packet 3 forms

Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Downloading the Packet 3 forms

Does anyone know if we can download the forms that comes with the packet 3 (DS-156, DS-156K, & DS-230) and use those instead of waiting to get the ones in the mail. Then I am able to send them near enough the same time as I receive the mailed ones???

I have been told that you cant do that from March 2003.

Thanks
Gisela
Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:51 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Downloading the Packet 3 forms

The Department of State site has them here

http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/c4456.htm
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:05 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this page. See the question 'What is the role of the embassy'. It states that if you are a fiance you CANNOT send forms in before you get an approval.

What amazes me is that it implies you can if you are a spouse. Nobody told me that

CB

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Does anyone know if we can download the forms that comes with the packet 3 (DS-156, DS-156K, & DS-230) and use those instead of waiting to get the ones in the mail. Then I am able to send them near enough the same time as I receive the mailed ones???

Thanks
Gisela
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
Have a look at this page. See the question 'What is the role of the embassy'. It states that if you are a fiance you CANNOT send forms in before you get an approval.

What amazes me is that it implies you can if you are a spouse. Nobody told me that

CB
I have been approved by the VSC (Vermont Service Center - I-129F) and my forms are now at the NVC in New Hampshire. I thought I would send my forms (downloaded ones) off as soon as I receive my Packet 3 then I dont have to wait to fill them in and then send off. Unless I can send them in as soon as the London Embassy receive my petition.

Do you think that is possible?

Thanks
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:10 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

CB
I didn't get that implication from reading that page. I think as the page is just specific to K1 it mentions it constantly throughout so maybe that's why you read it that way.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:31 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

I have been approved by the VSC (Vermont Service Center - I-129F) and my forms are now at the NVC in New Hampshire. I thought I would send my forms (downloaded ones) off as soon as I receive my Packet 3 then I dont have to wait to fill them in and then send off. Unless I can send them in as soon as the London Embassy receive my petition.

Do you think that is possible?

Thanks
Absolutely, you can prepare your forms ahead of time. You can also start to gather all the things you will need, like a police certificate.

You can email (or call if you are in the UK) the London Embassy to find out whether they have received your application and you can call the NVC to find out if they have sent it to the UK.

You may be able to send them in as soon as the embassy receive your application, but I can't answer that for you. Email the embassy and ask them.

CB
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:33 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

I received the forms today and it has taken me less than an hour to fill them all in. So, I wouldn't worry about getting them done in advance - they are very easy.

Jayne
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Absolutely, you can prepare your forms ahead of time. You can also start to gather all the things you will need, like a police certificate.

You can email (or call if you are in the UK) the London Embassy to find out whether they have received your application and you can call the NVC to find out if they have sent it to the UK.

You may be able to send them in as soon as the embassy receive your application, but I can't answer that for you. Email the embassy and ask them.

CB
Thank You!!! Already got my police certificate from August ) just got my photos to get and forms to fill in yeeeehaaaaa!!!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:37 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

My apologies my impression was gained from reading around the site. Seems I remembered something that is not on that page. Have a look at this page where it asks the question "What is the role of the Embassy"

CB

Originally posted by sibsie
I didn't get that implication from reading that page. I think as the page is just specific to K1 it mentions it constantly throughout so maybe that's why you read it that way.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:38 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Gisela
Hi:

You CAN prepare the forms ahead of time. What changed is that you can no longer have LND open a "provisional file" in advance of receipt of the case from NVC.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

CB
Hi:

I don't see that implication at all. What I DO see is that the page was written with the K-1/2 in mind. The K-3/4 is still pretty new. I think the failure to include the disucssion of K-3 is an oversight.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:46 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I don't see that implication at all. What I DO see is that the page was written with the K-1/2 in mind. The K-3/4 is still pretty new. I think the failure to include the disucssion of K-3 is an oversight.
My apologies. I posted the wrong link in my reply above.

My post should have read and contained the following link:

My apologies my impression was gained from reading around the site. Seems I remembered something that is not on that page. Have a look at this page where it asks the question "What is the role of the Embassy"

What does that mean?

CB

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/immrel.htm

Last edited by CaliforniaBride; Dec 13th 2003 at 8:04 am.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:52 am
C.G.D.S

What does that mean?

CB

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/immrel.htm
I'm not sure CB. That's for Immigrant visas and the K's are non immigrant but then it says for Spouse of USC.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sibsie
I'm not sure CB. That's for Immigrant visas and the K's are non immigrant but then it says for Spouse of USC.
I thought the NVC just did a background check and then forward the documents to the London Embassy. The Embassy then forwards the packet 3 forms??? Am I totally wrong?? that link is for Immediate relatives not fiance so i am now totally confused.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 7:57 am
C.G.D.S

I had another look and if you click on the specific link for spouse on the site it's a lot clearer CB and there's another bit at the top that directs you to that too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.