Don't Despair Nebraskies!!!

Wikiposts

Don't Despair Nebraskies!!!

Old Jan 15th 2003, 2:52 pm
Nic
Forum Regular

Nic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Don't Despair Nebraskies!!!

C'mon fellow Nebraska-inmates - buck up! We need to keep our spirits hopeful. We have the toughest wait of most on the board, but falling into a pit of doom and gloom ain't gonna help.

I'm sending all youse a great big mapley Canuck polar bear hug.

...hang on, my maple syrup's in the igloo...brrrr
Old Jan 15th 2003, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Nic, we need your positive attitude! I thank you, my northern neighbor. Hey, I'm from Minnesota and we just don't know what to do with ourselves lately cuz of the "no snow" situation here. Can you send some down? But not too much, eh?

Cheers,
Brit

1st NOA 10/30/02
Old Jan 15th 2003, 3:49 pm
Nic
Forum Regular

Heck, I'm in Vancouver. We never have snow!

I have my down days too, but the thought that my Denver honey is waiting for me is so lovely! He says "100 days or 180 days, so what!. It's a small amount of time in a lifetime of lovin." *happy sigh*

I just keep reading how crappy some of us NSCers are feeling and I understand, but we have to stick together and cheer each other on.

;-)
Old Jan 15th 2003, 9:07 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with all of you that we need to keep our spirits up even if some days that seems like an impossible task. That life time of love together sounds wonderful but for some of us older love birds those days may not be as long as we'd like them to be & these days we are apart seem all the more precious because who knows how many we have ahead of us.Ive learnt a few tricks along the way & know that although I feel like Im dying on the inside I always try to keep a smile on my face & let them all think Im doing ok!!

Last edited by shepslady; Jan 16th 2003 at 5:22 am.
Old Jan 16th 2003, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't Despair Nebraskies!!!

Originally posted by Nic
C'mon fellow Nebraska-inmates - buck up! We need to keep our spirits hopeful. We have the toughest wait of most on the board, but falling into a pit of doom and gloom ain't gonna help.

Thanks Nic. Some days are harder than others, but this forum helps, knowing I'm not the only one going through it! Good luck to everyone and keep the faith!
Old Jan 16th 2003, 3:25 am
Nic
Forum Regular

Shepslady, I ain't no spring chicken either! lol
Old Jan 16th 2003, 5:24 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best to you too Nic!!
Old Jan 16th 2003, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by beyness
Thanks Nic. Some days are harder than others, but this forum helps, knowing I'm not the only one going through it! Good luck to everyone and keep the faith!
Just curious, but I see you have provisional file set up for London Embassy. We filled/sent forms to the Embassy on December 19, 2002 to set up the provisional file. Have not heard anything yet from London. How long did it take before you were notified that London had set up the provisional file? Any info you can share would be terrific! Thanks!

Brit
Old Jan 16th 2003, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

I KNOW I'll get used to this interface, but not this week!

My wife actually has some good advice on this subject. She is in southern Russia waiting for the I-130/I-129F/K-3/K-4 processing to take place (NSC and MSC) and she tells me that the best thing you can do is to live your life everyday and not focus too much on the process. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't stay on top of things with the INS, but, rather, limit how much of your energy is devoted to INSmania. Stay engaged in life and busy with other things and don't make yourself crazy or go deep into obsessionland. I (sometimes) heed her advice and it keeps me from going around the corner (sometimes;^)) Elena is wiser than I am on these kinds of issues. Maintaining a positive attitude about it is also of critical importance. Going nuts and letting emotions get in the way of good judgment isn't healthy. Everything will work out in good time and setting your hair on fire and running down the corridor screaming won't change a thing in Lincoln, Nebraska. All the best to all of you -

Richard III

Originally posted by Nic

Old Jan 16th 2003, 1:01 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Your wife is a wise woman & good on you if you can heed her advice. We too try to live life to the fullest & make the most of what time we have to spned apart but everynow & then that little emotional monster inside us rears up & forces its way out. Im hoping that this will be a lesson in life that makes us richer in the end!!!
Old Jan 16th 2003, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Gryphon is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes indeed, wise words! Now that I've had an ultrasound and my husband and I know that our baby (it's a girl!) is healthy, it gives us something to focus on instead of worrying so much about the INS. Granted, it would be nice if he were sharing the pregnancy experience with me, maybe he'll get to share the last 2 months (I'm due in June). I guess the INS will do it's thing when it's good and ready to. Still, it's hard not to fret over it. Thanx for the encouragement!