Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

The DOL says that I dont get paid enough...

Wikiposts

The DOL says that I dont get paid enough...

Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light
Default The DOL says that I dont get paid enough...

My prevailing wage determination finally came back, however according to the lawyer it was 'extermaly high'.

So - job description has been rehashed and the requirements have been lowered, so hopefully this time it will come back at a lower rate.

This happened to anyone else? Where does the DOL get the data from that they use to determin how much people should get paid? I know I am underpaid right now, but I wouldnt have thought it would be extremally...

Fingered crossed it still comes back as an EB2...
Old Apr 27th 2010, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The DOL says that I dont get paid enough...

A pay rise would be a more logical solution.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Boiler
Don't even get me started...
Old Apr 27th 2010, 2:39 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
+1
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:41 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

A Demotion is another option, although I don't think you will like that very much. If the prevailing wage determined by the DOL is really that much higher, have you considered the possibility that your company is exploiting you as an employee?

Probably not a good company to continue working for after you're got your permanent residency...
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Or just possibly, the DoL is wrong about this one.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lifehouse51
A Demotion is another option, although I don't think you will like that very much. If the prevailing wage determined by the DOL is really that much higher, have you considered the possibility that your company is exploiting you as an employee?

Probably not a good company to continue working for after you're got your permanent residency...
It's somthing to consider when I get my PR. I'm supposed to get a pay rise in September... We'll see about that. There is currently a lot of unhappy people when it comes to sallery. Not just us people at the bottom of the ladder either... Still, we still have jobs so I guess we shouldn't complain.