Reload this Page >

Does South Korea do DCF?

Wikiposts

Does South Korea do DCF?

Old Jun 14th 2002, 4:20 am
Luanne

Default Does South Korea do DCF?

Hi,

My USC fiance's sister is teaching english in South Korea and she and her Korean
b/friend are thinking about getting married.

Does anyone know if South Korea does DCF? Is this the fastest method for them? Are
there any links that I can be directed to that has info about this?

Thanks a lot,

Luanne

Old Jun 14th 2002, 7:20 am
L D Jones

Default Re: Does South Korea do DCF?

Luanne wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > My USC fiance's sister is teaching english in South Korea and she and her Korean
    > b/friend are thinking about getting married.
    >
    > Does anyone know if South Korea does DCF? Is this the fastest method for them? Are
    > there any links that I can be directed to that has info about this?
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    >
    > Luanne

Always try google for anything you're trying to find on the web. it's not hard to use

www.google.com -> search 'korea us embassy'

select first 'non news' link (the obvious link to the US Embassy in S Korea) select
immigrant services (left hand side)

the answer should appear on one of the pages...

it appears the answer is 'yes' if the USC is a resdent of Korea (many consulates
won't do DCF unless the USC is a resident). See about 1/3 down this page

http://usembassy.state.gov/seoul/wwwh2110.html

"U.S. citizens employed, living or studying in a private capacity must present a
Korean alien registration card or long term Korean visa."

it will (probably) be the fastest method if the USC has the proper documentation.
Note the 'DCF' is not an official INS term.

Old Jun 14th 2002, 7:20 am
Luanne

Default Re: Does South Korea do DCF?

Cool, thank-you very much!

I use google quite a bit actually and many times I go there before I ask a question,
however this time I was hoping that someone on the NG would be going through the
process right now so that they'd be able to answer me.

But I thank-you very much for the research you've done - I'll go and take a look
at it now.

Luanne

L D Jones wrote:

>Luanne wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>My USC fiance's sister is teaching english in South Korea and she and her Korean
    >>b/friend are thinking about getting married.
    >>
    >>Does anyone know if South Korea does DCF? Is this the fastest method for them? Are
    >>there any links that I can be directed to that has info about this?
    >>
    >>Thanks a lot,
    >>
    >>Luanne
    >>
    >
    >Always try google for anything you're trying to find on the web. it's not
    >hard to use
    >
    >www.google.com -> search 'korea us embassy'
    >
    >select first 'non news' link (the obvious link to the US Embassy in S Korea) select
    >immigrant services (left hand side)
    >
    >the answer should appear on one of the pages...
    >
    >it appears the answer is 'yes' if the USC is a resdent of Korea (many consulates
    >won't do DCF unless the USC is a resident). See about 1/3 down this page
    >
    >http://usembassy.state.gov/seoul/wwwh2110.html
    >
    >"U.S. citizens employed, living or studying in a private capacity must present a
    >Korean alien registration card or long term Korean visa."
    >
    >it will (probably) be the fastest method if the USC has the proper documentation.
    >Note the 'DCF' is not an official INS term.
    >

Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<html> <head> </head> <body> Cool, thank-you very much!<br> <br> I use google quite a
bit actually and many times I go there before I ask a question, however this time I
was hoping that someone on the NG would be going through the process right now so
that they'd be able to answer me.<br> <br> But I thank-you very much for the research
you've done - I'll go and take a look at it now.<br> <br> Luanne<br> <br> L D Jones
wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="mid:[email protected]"> <pre
wrap="">Luanne wrote:<br></pre> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre wrap="">Hi,<br><br>My
USC fiance's sister is teaching english in South Korea and she and<br>her Korean
b/friend are thinking about getting married.<br><br>Does anyone know if South Korea
does DCF? Is this the fastest method<br>for them? Are there any links that I can be
directed to that has info<br>about this?<br><br>Thanks a lot,<br><br>Luanne<br></pre>
</blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!TEST-><br>Always try google for anything you're trying
to find on the web. it's<br>not hard to use<br><br><a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.google.com">www.google.com</a>
-&gt; search 'korea us embassy'<br><br>select first 'non news' link (the obvious link
to the US Embassy in S<br>Korea)<br>select immigrant services (left hand
side)<br><br>the answer should appear on one of the pages... <br><br>it appears the
answer is 'yes' if the USC is a resdent of Korea (many<br>consulates won't do DCF
unless the USC is a resident). See about 1/3<br>down this page<br><br><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://usembassy.state.gov/seoul/wwwh2110.html">-
http://usembassy.state.gov/seoul/wwwh2110.html</a><br><br>"U.S. citizens employed,
living or studying in a private capacity must<br>present a Korean alien registration
card or long term Korean visa."<br><br>it will (probably) be the fastest method if
the USC has the proper<br>documentation. Note th e 'DCF' is not an official INS
term.<br></pre> </blockquote> <br> </body> </html