Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Does this mean Admin processing is over...?

Wikiposts

Does this mean Admin processing is over...?

Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all
Default Does this mean Admin processing is over...?

Hi,

I usually call every week to DOS about my fiance's administrative processing for security clearances and i get an answer that its still pending or we are still waiting for it etc etc...
but last week i called and the lady said well u should be calling the embassy in pakistan (i thought she was just one of those unhelpful ones...)
called again yesterday and the same answer from another person. so my fiance called embassy last night, and the lady told him that "they have received somethings they were waiting for and embassy has to review it which will take probably 2 weeks or so and then he wud hear something soon but STILL we cannot tell you how long it is going to take!"

Now what is all this suppose to mean? does this mean his clearances have been completed? i can't get a straight answer and my mind keeps on trying to figure out whats going on... any suggestions?

Thanks a lot..

Sanna
Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does this mean Admin processing is over...?

Hi Sanna!

I don't know, but it sounds for sure like something changed hands! I take that as a good sign! I hope it's over and will continue real processing...!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

fahad will become famous soon enoughfahad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carpdiem
Hi,

I usually call every week to DOS about my fiance's administrative processing for security clearances and i get an answer that its still pending or we are still waiting for it etc etc...
but last week i called and the lady said well u should be calling the embassy in pakistan (i thought she was just one of those unhelpful ones...)
called again yesterday and the same answer from another person. so my fiance called embassy last night, and the lady told him that "they have received somethings they were waiting for and embassy has to review it which will take probably 2 weeks or so and then he wud hear something soon but STILL we cannot tell you how long it is going to take!"

Now what is all this suppose to mean? does this mean his clearances have been completed? i can't get a straight answer and my mind keeps on trying to figure out whats going on... any suggestions?

Thanks a lot..

Sanna

Yes
it is over now , congratulations , they'll send u a letter for the reinterview or probably send the visa with the passport if they already have ur passport,its the same as mine.

fahad
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fahad
Yes
it is over now , congratulations , they'll send u a letter for the reinterview or probably send the visa with the passport if they already have ur passport,its the same as mine.

fahad
I hope you are right!!!
It has been 8 months to waiting for clearances and embassy did not keep my fiance's passport at the time of interview.

This week i sent embassy an email inquiring the status and the reply was "The process is about to complete and we will contact the applicant soon."

Now it has been 2 weeks since they have received the clearances and I am not sure how long more it is going to take...

Sanna
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Shrikant is an unknown quantity at this point

Great News Sanna!! Now its only some days more at the Consulate. Best Wishes. Truly God is Great.

Shrikant
Old Jun 17th 2005, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

I hope you are right!!!
It has been 8 months to waiting for clearances and embassy did not keep my fiance's passport at the time of interview.

This week i sent embassy an email inquiring the status and the reply was "The process is about to complete and we will contact the applicant soon."

Now it has been 2 weeks since they have received the clearances and I am not sure how long more it is going to take...

Sanna

yes soon they will contact ur fiance but remember they will call him for interview again bc they dont have his pp. and also be read for the interview date after 1 or 2 months.

fahad
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

yes soon they will contact ur fiance but remember they will call him for interview again bc they dont have his pp. and also be read for the interview date after 1 or 2 months.

fahad

Thanks Fahad for the reply!

But u got me confused though, he already had his interview in October04, I am thinking that letter would be saying to come to embassy and that he can go anyday after he has the letter? thats what he was told at his interview that when they send him a letter in future he would have to come as soon as possible after that.... why would they schedule another interview with 2 months or so ahead when he already had one and usually the 2nd letter is always about coem to embassy as soon as possible as far as i have heard from several other people.....?

Sanna
Old Jun 20th 2005, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Fahad for the reply!

But u got me confused though, he already had his interview in October04, I am thinking that letter would be saying to come to embassy and that he can go anyday after he has the letter? thats what he was told at his interview that when they send him a letter in future he would have to come as soon as possible after that.... why would they schedule another interview with 2 months or so ahead when he already had one and usually the 2nd letter is always about coem to embassy as soon as possible as far as i have heard from several other people.....?

Sanna
YES u r right Sanna, it always happened like this but for the last 2 months they r calling every1 for the second interview and dont worry they will write in the letter that it is a re-interview but they hardly ask anything , mine was immigration visa may be for ur visa they wont ask for interview bc it is non immigrant.
By the way, what happened to ur I-130.and also u should have got the letter by now , call there again and as i've always say in this forum talk with a guy not girls in the embassy.

Fahad
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

YES u r right Sanna, it always happened like this but for the last 2 months they r calling every1 for the second interview and dont worry they will write in the letter that it is a re-interview but they hardly ask anything , mine was immigration visa may be for ur visa they wont ask for interview bc it is non immigrant.
By the way, what happened to ur I-130.and also u should have got the letter by now , call there again and as i've always say in this forum talk with a guy not girls in the embassy.

Fahad

Fahad,

I can't do I-130, we are not married. this is for plain fiance visa K-1. I did call embassy last night and they guy i spoke to said they will be sending him letter soon, hopefully in next 15 days... it has already been two weeks... but i guess there is a wait on sending out the letters as well.....
Lets see how it goes... it has been LOOOOONNNG enough...

Thanks for the replies..

Sanna
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Fahad,

I can't do I-130, we are not married. this is for plain fiance visa K-1. I did call embassy last night and they guy i spoke to said they will be sending him letter soon, hopefully in next 15 days... it has already been two weeks... but i guess there is a wait on sending out the letters as well.....
Lets see how it goes... it has been LOOOOONNNG enough...

Thanks for the replies..

Sanna

Called embassy this morning and the guy i spoke to kept saying my fiance case is in admin processing, nothing more.. before embassy told us that his clerances are back and we will be hearing something with in 15 days..
so i just called DOS again and lady tells me "it is still pending for security clearances, and i said security clearances were complete three weeks ago when was this new request issued, and she said there is no new request these clearances have been pending since he was interviewed..."
what is all this suppose to mean....

Sanna
Old Jun 24th 2005, 6:14 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Called embassy this morning and the guy i spoke to kept saying my fiance case is in admin processing, nothing more.. before embassy told us that his clerances are back and we will be hearing something with in 15 days..
so i just called DOS again and lady tells me "it is still pending for security clearances, and i said security clearances were complete three weeks ago when was this new request issued, and she said there is no new request these clearances have been pending since he was interviewed..."

Sanna
Keep bugging them, Sanna. My thoughts are with you.

Marnee
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sanna

Email embassy with the mail they sent to u in which they told u that they will be contacting u soon and also tell them abt the conversations u did with them, i can tell u what may happened here, after ur husband got the clearence from the fbi and he was abt to be called for interview , unfortunately his name hit in the fbi dept. Not bc he is involved in any crime but bc his name matched with some name in the fbi list.They again sent ur name for security clearence but i can tell u 1 thing this time it wont be long but i hope this had not happened and they call him soon. i know some ppl with the same problems but they managed to escape very soon.
Usually the state dept are quite hesitant to give any information abt the administrative processing.
Dont worry Sanna , i know what it is like "waiting", i went thru it, but this time it wont be long.

BEST WISHES
FAHAD
Old Jul 19th 2005, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Email embassy with the mail they sent to u in which they told u that they will be contacting u soon and also tell them abt the
Dont worry Sanna , i know what it is like "waiting", i went thru it, but this time it wont be long.

BEST WISHES
FAHAD
Just called DOS for status and a very nice lady tried explaining to me what exactly is going on. According to her since my fiance has a very common name thats why its taking so long. she said this was the 4th clearance embassy is waiting for. and everytime there is a new entry with that name in the database, embassy has to issue a new request (which seems pretty redundant because this chain can go on and on forever REALLY!!!)
So now the forth clearance was due on july 18th and she didnt see any update so far, and sometimes it takes a while for them to update it since they can be a week behind or something... so i should call back in few days...
First time someone in DOS actually talked to me so detailed but i dont really know what that means...
now clearance comes back and there is a new entry they have to send it again?? it has been going on for 10 months now!!!

Sanna
Old Jul 20th 2005, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

hi sanna

U r lucky in a way that they told u whats really happening to ur case,otherwise ppl just assume things.Ur fiance was very very close for the visa and they again did this stupid thing.Yes common name creates this problem with ppl.Like i know a person who has a common name and the embassy did his name check many times but finally he got his visa but believe me after 1st time it wont get long the name check to be cleared and u r saying that this is the 4th time.I ve heard that ppl contacting there local senetor or congressmen regarding there case....dont know if it really works but i suggest u to try it.
In what state do u live in USA and in which city does he live in pakistan?and do not tired of calling the state dept.and PLz do not lose hope.

Best Wishes
Fahad
Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

hi sanna

U r lucky in a way that they told u whats really happening to ur case,otherwise ppl just assume things.Ur fiance was very very close for the visa and they again did this stupid thing.Yes common name creates this problem with ppl.Like i know a person who has a common name and the embassy did his name check many times but finally he got his visa but believe me after 1st time it wont get long the name check to be cleared and u r saying that this is the 4th time.I ve heard that ppl contacting there local senetor or congressmen regarding there case....dont know if it really works but i suggest u to try it.
In what state do u live in USA and in which city does he live in pakistan?and do not tired of calling the state dept.and PLz do not lose hope.

Best Wishes
Fahad
Thanks for replying Fahad!
I am from NY and my fiance is from Gujranwala.
Well, I did contact my congressman a while back and he basically emailed embassy couple of times but they reply to him the same email they reply to me "This case is still under admin processing" and after that congressman jsut said to me that sorry they don't provide anything more concrete to us... but i guess basically thats all they can do as well. So that didn't help much...
now i have heard people saying that for most people they do these 4 clearances... and when i spoke to lady in DOS she said this 4th clearance was due yesterday but sometimes it takes couple of days for their system to be updated ...
called embassy this morning and they said to call back in 10 - 15 days as they are still waiting for clearance...
so lets see how it goes...

Thanks a lot for replies!

Sanna

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.