Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Does anyone really pay attention!!!

Wikiposts

Does anyone really pay attention!!!

Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

graeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nice
Default Does anyone really pay attention!!!

Just received a letter from the embassy about I-130, and the requirement for further evidence.

In the letter they have the date of our wedding incorrect and the spelling of my wifes name is also incorrect. This moved our wedding date from april 2006 to april 2007. They asked for an affidivat from us and from 3 other people about if our marriage was bona fide.

In contrast the embassy helpline was very useful in helping me correct this problem. She also explained how they probable didnt need this extra evidence as we have been married longer than they think.

Has anyone else had similar problems.

G
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone really pay attention!!!

Originally Posted by graeme0001
Just received a letter from the embassy about I-130, and the requirement for further evidence.

In the letter they have the date of our wedding incorrect and the spelling of my wifes name is also incorrect. This moved our wedding date from april 2006 to april 2007. They asked for an affidivat from us and from 3 other people about if our marriage was bona fide.

In contrast the embassy helpline was very useful in helping me correct this problem. She also explained how they probable didnt need this extra evidence as we have been married longer than they think.

G
I'd say it's not uncommon. People make typos and mistakes. With an RFE, you must respond, even if it was their mistake. You can either:

1. Send back the RFE and all the evidence they are requesting;
2. Send back the RFE with some of the evidence they are requesting, with a note to use this additional evidence to adjudicate your case; or
3. Send back the RFE with just a note asking them to adjudicate your case based on the evidence you've already provided.

The one thing you can't do is ignore the RFE.

Rene
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:59 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

G
Hi:

Yes, it happens all the time -- just respond. Feel free to make the corrections in a very respectful tone of voice. Rene has quoted my past post, albeit without attribution.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:20 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Unfortunately, the London website does not include the *instructions* for the I-130 which now state:

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed above, you should submit one or more of the following types of documentation that may evidence that bona fides of your marriage:
E. Documentation showing joint ownership or property;or
F. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence;or
G. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or
H. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or
I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or
J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

While the person on the phone may have been nice, her comment doesn't apply to your situation; it's nothing to do with the length of your marriage and everything to do with the London website being incomplete. A lot of people have had this 'RFE'.
You can include a letter making the corrections to your data; triple check it again once the documents have gone to the Consulate for the visa application.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

graeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nicegraeme0001 is just really nice

The helpline gave me an email address to write to with the correction. She told me to inform them about the incorrect data and also ask them to clarify what, if any further evidence they require.

We have sent the email, and recieved a email of receipt explaining a reply will be made within 4 days. I will post again when i receive further instructions.

G
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Yes, it happens all the time -- just respond. Feel free to make the corrections in a very respectful tone of voice. Rene has quoted my past post, albeit without attribution.
Oops, I'm sorry...I meant to do that, I forgot. Thanks Mr.F.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 5:22 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The helpline gave me an email address to write to with the correction. She told me to inform them about the incorrect data and also ask them to clarify what, if any further evidence they require.

We have sent the email, and recieved a email of receipt explaining a reply will be made within 4 days. I will post again when i receive further instructions.

G
Please understand that the 'helpline' is a contracted service center, located in Scotland, that gives you a 50/50 shot at correct information.

You must send the RFE information back anyway. I suggest you also send the correction that way, and not just by email.

I've posted the RFE information they want.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The rest of thread that has gone off topic has been moved to the Trailer Park.