Reload this Page >

documents needed for K1

Wikiposts

documents needed for K1

Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:44 am
Just Joined

weezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default documents needed for K1

I am trying to gather all documents needed to take to K1 interview. Just wanted to check about getting the documents certified. Does my birth certif and police clearance have to be certified? Also, I (the applicant) am asked to bring along my divorce doc - if applicable. Do they require my american fiancee's as well? We gave his in with I-129F petition. Will they need it again?

And, what do you think best proves our ongoing r/ship? We have ticket stubs from visiting each other, a ton of pictures... an engagement ring?? Anything else?

Thanx
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: documents needed for K1

Originally Posted by weezy
I am trying to gather all documents needed to take to K1 interview. Just wanted to check about getting the documents certified. Does my birth certif and police clearance have to be certified? Also, I (the applicant) am asked to bring along my divorce doc - if applicable. Do they require my american fiancee's as well? We gave his in with I-129F petition. Will they need it again?

And, what do you think best proves our ongoing r/ship? We have ticket stubs from visiting each other, a ton of pictures... an engagement ring?? Anything else?

Thanx
You should bring originals of anything you (or your fiancee) previously sent a copy of. So you should bring your original birth certificate, original police report, and both yours and your fiancee's original divorce decrees. The photocopies of those do not need to be certified, that I know of. They might not ask for any of these things, but just in case they do, you are required to show them originals.

As for proof of ongoing relationship, proof that you visited each other, pictures, rings, receipts, letters, emails, phone bills, cards, communication, anything that will show you have a valid ongoing relationship. At my fiance's interview in Turkey I was asked to show them the most recent 6 months of *original* phone bills. They also looked at all the pictures we had, which spanned several years. Make sure you have original documents as proof. Digital pictures will be OK, since that's the norm nowadays. Don't give them any DVDs or CDs to look at or listen to. Proof should be in paper form.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:32 am
Just Joined

weezy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You should bring originals of anything you (or your fiancee) previously sent a copy of. So you should bring your original birth certificate, original police report, and both yours and your fiancee's original divorce decrees. The photocopies of those do not need to be certified, that I know of. They might not ask for any of these things, but just in case they do, you are required to show them originals.

As for proof of ongoing relationship, proof that you visited each other, pictures, rings, receipts, letters, emails, phone bills, cards, communication, anything that will show you have a valid ongoing relationship. At my fiance's interview in Turkey I was asked to show them the most recent 6 months of *original* phone bills. They also looked at all the pictures we had, which spanned several years. Make sure you have original documents as proof. Digital pictures will be OK, since that's the norm nowadays. Don't give them any DVDs or CDs to look at or listen to. Proof should be in paper form.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thanks for clearing all that up for me!!! My fiancee will be sending me a certified copy of his divorce decree - not the original -would that be a problem?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weezy
Thanks for clearing all that up for me!!! My fiancee will be sending me a certified copy of his divorce decree - not the original -would that be a problem?
That's fine. Here in the USA, a Certified Copy is considered an "original", since the real original is on file at the courthouse or other facility. Certified Copies of Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, and Divorce Decrees are fine.

Rene