Documentation to send with I-751

Documentation to send with I-751

Old Mar 30th 2016, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

yensidtlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documentation to send with I-751

Hey everyone.

Another question, different topic.

I plan on sending bank statements, tax returns, insurance policies with both our names on it to support I-751. When you went through this process, did you send the entire document? We are a bit reluctant to show them our entire transaction history, tax returns, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with them, we just want to tighten up on privacy.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 4:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documentation to send with I-751

Bank statements, just the cover page showing both names in the account.

Entire copy of tax return, or better yet, an IRS transcript which has fewer pages.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2016, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

yensidtlaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rene. You're the best.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 7:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yensidtlaw
Hey everyone.

Not that there is anything wrong with them, we just want to tighten up on privacy.

We chose a few statements from throughout the time period since CPR was granted until the filing of the I751. Also included some photos with description of what they were and when they were taken. Used tax transcripts. Hey the feds know what you have earned so forget privacy on that issue. Also included photocopies of jointly held credit cards with the numbers blacked out. A copy of our rental agreement with both our names on it. Going back through our files we also included some things that were used to show our commingled life together that was submitted for his AOS. Had our respective employers give us letters stating who was emergency contact, held joint healthcare and beneficiary of life insurance and 401K plans.

It was a neatly compiled assortment of proof of our lives together and he was granted removal of conditions without a problem. Back then we did have to go for an interview. Today many removals are being done without an interview.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yensidtlaw
Hey everyone.

I plan on sending bank statements, tax returns, insurance policies with both our names on it to support I-751. When you went through this process, did you send the entire document? We are a bit reluctant to show them our entire transaction history, tax returns, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with them, we just want to tighten up on privacy.

I documented my I-751 Journey to help others in a similar position, complete with documents, links, and lists...including the list of evidence I submitted.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/my-i-751-journey-story-documents-links-859126/

Hopefully this is of some help.

Rich.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Jerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond repute

We filed our I-751 last October. I would order the IRS tax transcripts, it's much easier and they come quickly. I just ordered our 2015 transcript and it arrived in 4 days.

All the evidence you send must cover the entire period from marriage to now, not just the period you've had your Greencard per the I-751 instructions.

You need to send entire bank statements not just the first page, USCIS is very hot on this as of late. Elsewhere I've seen several reports of people getting RFEs for this very reason.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 3:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerni
You need to send entire bank statements not just the first page...
No, you don't. In fact, you don't need to send bank statements at all.

Ian
Old Apr 1st 2016, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Jerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No, you don't. In fact, you don't need to send bank statements at all.

Ian
No. That might have been the case years ago when you filed, it's certainly not the case now and is a guaranteed RFE.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Yes. Bank statements have never been a requirement. Period.

That might have been the case years ago when you filed...
I never had to file an I-751.

... is a guaranteed RFE.
Guaranteed? I seriously doubt that.

Ian
Old Apr 1st 2016, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I never had to file an I-751.
Exactly - you only have 3rd party experience in the process.

Elsewhere there are countless recent reports of RFEs being issued for lack of bank statements, not enough bank statement, incomplete bank statements. Clearly they are rather important to USCIS.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 5:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Where?

I agree with Ian. Bank statements are just one way of showing a joint life together. Many couples do not have joint banking. Even if they receive an RFE, they just have to respond by saying they don't have joint accounts.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 1st 2016 at 5:14 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

Exactly - you only have 3rd party experience in the process.
I've never played college basketball either, but I know the rules. You've made a gross assumption and generalization that the only worthwhile knowledge is first-hand knowledge. How many immigration lawyers have actually been through the US immigration experience? Answer = not many! That doesn't seem to affect what they know!

Elsewhere there are countless recent reports...
Really? Countless? How many people who don't include them never got an RFE? Answer = you have absolutely no idea. You're just making yet another assumption based on people commenting that they needed them. People who don't have issues, usually don't post - so your skewed bias is evident.

Clearly they are rather important to USCIS.
They are not now, nor have they ever been a requirement. Your alarmist hype notwithstanding, you can't simply make up stuff and report it as fact.

Ian

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 1st 2016 at 5:48 pm. Reason: profanity changed.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Over on Visajourney - they have a huge forum dedicated to removal of conditions with monthly trackers where people post their timelines and report RFEs along with the reasons why they were issued.

Since I'm currently going through this process, I carefully researched what USCIS was looking for before I mailed my package - it seems ridiculous for people with no personal experience in the process to argue the matter. I would not have included full bank statements had others not reported this is something USCIS looks for. I'm trying to help the OP not hinder them...
Old Apr 1st 2016, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Where?

I agree with Ian. Bank statements are just one way of showing a joint life together. Many couples do not have joint banking. Even if they receive an RFE, they just have to respond by saying they don't have joint accounts.

Rene
That's fine, you are entitled to your opinion I'm trying to give the OP helpful information on what USCIS adjudicators *expect* to see in an I-751 package as of late. Why chance an RFE when you can just include these simple elements in the initial filing. The I-751 processing period is ridiculously long as it is without extending it with RFEs.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 5:34 pm

That's fine, you are entitled to your opinion I'm trying to give the OP helpful information on what USCIS adjudicators *expect* to see in an I-751 package as of late. Why chance an RFE when you can just include these simple elements in the initial filing. The I-751 processing period is ridiculously long as it is without extending it with RFEs.
I understand what you're saying. But the good news is that no matter how long it takes to adjudicate the I-751, even with RFEs, you still remain a US PR throughout....and can still file the N-400 towards citizenship when eligible.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.