Doctor's visit for I-693 completion

Wikiposts

Doctor's visit for I-693 completion

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:39 am
Account Closed

davidnyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doctor's visit for I-693 completion

Hi There,

Well I went to see the doctor earlier today to discuss the completion of my I-693 (Report of Medical Examination & Vaccination Record). Preparing to do this has been a thorn in my side right from the off.

Even before I left the U.K. I was stressing out over the thought of having to locate a doctor, that understood that I only required that my vaccinations be transcribed into part 2 of the form and the completion of part 5, and that there was no requirement for a New Medical.

I'm sure I don't need to expand on that any further, as it's a gray area without a doubt. I called several 'approved doctors' in Manhattan, which were either too expensive, or insisted on completing a medical. I ended up finding a medical center closer to home, which seemed to appreciate what I was saying. On arrival they were helpful, and as I had all the instruction forms with me, I pointed out the relevant section from the I-693 & I-485 where it outline's the fact that a new medical is not required if you entered the U.S. on a K1 visa etc etc.

To cut a long story short, the paperwork was completed and sealed in a envelope for the USCIS, I received my copy, along with a prescription I required to be filled (that was a bonus). And the grand total was $150. I have read several posts where figures were mentioned anywhere from $50 - $90, so I don't feel I was robbed. And it's a case of having to do this to progress through the AOS process. It has been said in the past, "it's pointless trying to fight City Hall".

I hope all of you out there that are up to this stage with your applications are blessed with good luck, and find a obliging doctor.

David
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doctor's visit for I-693 completion

Whew, got that out of the way!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:07 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidnyc

I'm sure I don't need to expand on that any further, as it's a gray area without a doubt.
Actually, it is black and white. However, don't assume the docs know what they are doing. BTW, if the case gets held up for any reason, you might be happy to have completed the full medical.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:19 am
Account Closed

davidnyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Actually, it is black and white. However, don't assume the docs know what they are doing. BTW, if the case gets held up for any reason, you might be happy to have completed the full medical.
I understand what you are saying, 'Black and White', 'Gray' it does not matter what you call it. I fully appreciate that not all doctors understand what the process involves. It seems to vary from case to case. I think it depends who opens your paperwork and where. You may be right in what you say about having a full medical. But it's not alway's the necessary route.