Reload this Page >

Do you think we were forgotten?

Wikiposts

Do you think we were forgotten?

Old Dec 14th 2003, 3:05 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you think we were forgotten?

We married in June filed NOA July 31st.. then a RFE request.. submitted, RFE Notice on Nov 17th.. Is this another 90 day wait?
We are on day 137 (today) and counting.. Our petition went to the Missouri service center. Anyone have info on time frame with MSC? thanks Sid & Angelika
Old Dec 14th 2003, 4:17 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do you think we were forgotten?

Originally posted by SidAngelika
We married in June filed NOA July 31st.. then a RFE request.. submitted, RFE Notice on Nov 17th.. Is this another 90 day wait?
We are on day 137 (today) and counting.. Our petition went to the Missouri service center. Anyone have info on time frame with MSC? thanks Sid & Angelika
No way. Michael (glasgowm) and Tmushen both submitted their RFE responses before you did and they still haven't been approved. Hang in there.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 4:39 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

You don't give your response date. Give them at least 30 days. Also, we are in the holiday season where "real" work slows down. USCIS is not immune to the holiday work slowdown.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 5:10 am
won't be long now!

Just called BCIS, and was told that they are now on Sept 15th dates for the K-3 visas, and will be another 30 days til we hear something from them.. We agree too that it does slow down this time of year, but after the 1st of the yr. things should pick back up..

This will be the last xmas we will be apart..

History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, we got an RFE as well. The RFE was on 10/30 and our documents arrived 11/13. Haven't heard a thing. It's been over 30 days since they got our response. Originally I heard that it takes 2 to 4 weeks for our paperwork to make it from the mailroom to the case handler. Well that time has passed. I tried calling NCSC yesterday and that don't know anything except what is read on the web site. One interesting thing the woman told me was that a case never becomes overdue or delinquent and that there is no set time frame in which they are required to process applications. When they tell you to check on status if you don't hear anything in 30 days is just a suggestion.

I've pretty much given up hope. I think it's time to smuggle her across the border from Mexico. She'll be illegal, but at least she'll have the Government of California and many activist groups fighting for her rights.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

kysilver50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just called BCIS, and was told that they are now on Sept 15th dates for the K-3 visas, and will be another 30 days til we hear something from them.. We agree too that it does slow down this time of year, but after the 1st of the yr. things should pick back up..

This will be the last xmas we will be apart..

History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.
I pray this is the last Christmas we are apart...Hang in there!!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

How can they say they are now on Sept 15th, while Sept 19th, 23rd, 26th have been approved? (see http://www.mediabrew.com/k3/list.php?action=update )
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:33 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by glasgowm
One interesting thing the woman told me was that a case never becomes overdue or delinquent and that there is no set time frame in which they are required to process applications.
I've heard that about the processing of RFE'D cases, once the RFE materials arrive. In other words, the service center processing reports are for cases that don't get RFE'S or IBIS hits. The reports are used to determine an overdue date. A case is overdue if its not been approved, denied or RFE sent by the overdue date (using the report and the calculation made using the information on the report).

If a case gets an RFE, than it "did" receive initial processing and one can no longer use the service center report to calculate an overdue date.

As a side note, I’m sending my first K-3/I-129f submission to Chicago/NBC today. I think my clients and I have put together a well documented submission and hopefully this particular case will avoid receiving an RFE!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
How can they say they are now on Sept 15th, while Sept 19th, 23rd, 26th have been approved? (see http://www.mediabrew.com/k3/list.php?action=update )
What about this one:

My wife has been granted a citizenship interview date in New York because 5 years ago when she had her green card she applied for citizenship and they are giving her a date now but we still can't get her I129f approved.

This is how backwards things are. We just found this out today.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
I've heard that about the processing of RFE'D cases, once the RFE materials arrive. In other words, the service center processing reports are for cases that don't get RFE'S or IBIS hits. The reports are used to determine an overdue date. A case is overdue if its not been approved, denied or RFE sent by the overdue date (using the report and the calculation made using the information on the report).

If a case gets an RFE, than it "did" receive initial processing and one can no longer use the service center report to calculate an overdue date.

As a side note, I’m sending my first K-3/I-129f submission to Chicago/NBC today. I think my clients and I have put together a well documented submission and hopefully this particular case will avoid receiving an RFE!
I understand the overdue method for cases once they have been submitted, but what about for RFE's. Does the same thing apply based on when the received your documents. Is it overdue 30 days after they receive them, or does it go back into the normal cycle. Our RFE documents were received on 11/13/03, so does that mean I have to waint until a report says 11/13 or earlier then start the clock.

What does overdue mean anyway? Does it receive some sort of priority? According to the woman on the desk at NCSC, cases don't have to be processed in any set amount of time.

Michael
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:54 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
I only go by what the man told me on the phone. Maybe his database is a week late? I dont know how they operate, only thing I know.. Is they are slow! I will go by your dates.. Thanks,
SidAngelika..
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:00 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by tmushen
What about this one:

My wife has been granted a citizenship interview date in New York because 5 years ago when she had her green card she applied for citizenship and they are giving her a date now but we still can't get her I129f approved.

This is how backwards things are. We just found this out today.

Nice picture! I will see about posting some of our pics on for everyone to see, since we are in for a wait like so many of you are!
Our paperwork is complete now.. Only thing we will need is the affidivate for proof of earnings for my wifes interview appt in Frankfurt.. otherwise I think we are ready.. Thanks for the prayers, and good thoughts! We will continue ours for you as well.. Thanks, SidAngelika
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:04 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

I understand the overdue method for cases once they have been submitted, but what about for RFE's. Does the same thing apply based on when the received your documents. Is it overdue 30 days after they receive them, or does it go back into the normal cycle. Our RFE documents were received on 11/13/03, so does that mean I have to waint until a report says 11/13 or earlier then start the clock.
As I said, I believe I’ve been told on more than 1 occasion while at the Service Centers asking about this, that cases that receive an RFE “won’t� then have an overdue date.

Overdue dates only apply to cases that are awaiting initial processing. A case that gets an RFE has received initial processing.

What does overdue mean anyway? Does it receive some sort of priority? According to the woman on the desk at NCSC, cases don't have to be processed in any set amount of time.

Michael
I don’t know about the woman you talked to (and remember, most of the employees at the National Customer Service Center have never worked at a Service Center and know little or nothing about Service Center operations), but this was explained to me by Dona Coultice, the former director of the CSC when she and her staff first explained the brand new (back then) CSC JIT Reporting system that they were just trying out for the first time (the CSC was the guinea pig for this experiment to see how well this would work… which apparently worked pretty well as they now issue these reports for all of the Service Centers… hey they are better than wild guesses printed on a receipt notice at the outset of a case!).

It was their policy that their officer should approve, deny or send an RFE within 30 business days of being given the case. If the case becomes overdue, they asked us to contact them at that time to let them know so they could check it out to see what the hold up is.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Dec 17th 2003 at 8:07 am.