do you think?

Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: do you think?

I can not imagine all employees of all large shipping companies are required to have a US Visa.

Might be a good idea to have a back up plan.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:01 pm
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boiler
I can not imagine all employees of all large shipping companies are required to have a US Visa.

Might be a good idea to have a back up plan.
no no just the crewpeople like deck cadettes , ship masters and everyone working onboard...no backup plan cuz i invested everything i have into my education at maritime school of nauticas science...
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soccer203
no no just the crewpeople like deck cadettes , ship masters and everyone working onboard...no backup plan cuz i invested everything i have into my education at maritime school of nauticas science...
That's a huge risk. Obviously, if the visa isn't granted, you're SOL. Now might be a good time to think up of a plan B.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:10 pm
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice

Originally Posted by BILDER
That's a huge risk. Obviously, if the visa isn't granted, you're SOL. Now might be a good time to think up of a plan B.
u can always ask for review of the case and i have to think positive...its not like im gonna have to work inside the usa with the visa...and every person trying to immigrate on c1-d is toast
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

oh ok...ppl r giving me different opinions and the thing i hate about some of the answers is they make me (f1 status violator) a serious criminal like i deserve jailtime and my answer to them if they appear here is dont hate the player hate the game...
You quoted me in your response so I'm assuming you think I am a hater and that I feel you deserve jail time. If this is correct, you cannot read people or posts comprehensively. I could give a rat's arse about your problem but was answering your question truthfully since you asked what "would you do".

If you had a F-1 D/S on your I-94 and you left months after you left school, then you are not nor have you been out of status unless and until a immigration judge or an adjudicating officer has made that determination.

but theres a question on visa form which says have you ever violated terms of your visa? and some ppl even told me NO even tho i think the answer is yes.they say if you werent found to be in violation then the answer is NO . and they say they cant deny my visa bcuz of the "violation" but they can deny my visa bcuz of potential immigration intent-i own a house,have fam and gf...
Yes, they can deny your visa because of a violation and they can deny your visa if you ticked no when it should have been yes. That is called material misrepresentation/fraud.

Last edited by Rete; Jan 21st 2011 at 7:18 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

As well as those that might need to leave the ship to get transport to another area of the US to board another vessel.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

u can always ask for review of the case and i have to think positive...its not like im gonna have to work inside the usa with the visa...and every person trying to immigrate on c1-d is toast
Well:
a) There is a difference between thinking positively and thinking realistically. They aren't mutually exclusive.
b) I am sure many people get rejected C1s, even without any prior poor immigration records. You have a serious violation.
c) You can't immigrate on a c1-d.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Rete
As well as those that might need to leave the ship to get transport to another area of the US to board another vessel.
yes i forgot to put etc. my bad...yes u are correct...
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a job with a shipping line that does not visit the US?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

And now you want to know if you will get a C1/D visa, despite the fact that you have violated the terms of an F1 visa in the past. (Yes, i have read your nonsense in other threads here and elsewhere)

The answer to that is a definite maybe - but only if you apply.

I can also tell you that the answer to the ultimate question about Life, the Universe and everything is 42.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by discoviking

I can also tell you that the answer to the ultimate question about Life, the Universe and everything is 42.

Hope that helps.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!! No one believed me!!!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
If you had a F-1 D/S on your I-94 and you left months after you left school, then you are not nor have you been out of status unless and until a immigration judge or an adjudicating officer has made that determination.
That's not correct. He would be out of status as soon as he dropped out of school, but he would not start accruing unlawul presence for the purpose of a ban until the date an immigration judge or other immigration made the determination he was out of status.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:27 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

And now you want to know if you will get a C1/D visa, despite the fact that you have violated the terms of an F1 visa in the past. (Yes, i have read your nonsense in other threads here and elsewhere)

The answer to that is a definite maybe - but only if you apply.

Hope that helps.
LMAO!!!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:28 pm
Banned

That's not correct. He would be out of status as soon as he dropped out of school, but he would not start accruing unlawul presence for the purpose of a ban until the date an immigration judge or other immigration made the determination he was out of status.
yes thats true but somehowe i still think its sometimes better to have something to waive and u can qualify
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:40 pm
Concierge

Sorry if that is not what I said? So if his visa ended on 1/11/10 and the court found him out of status on 12/13/10 and he left the next day, he would have only had one day of overstay.

In other words, while he has a D/S in his passport and although his visa is finished, he is not in overstay until it has been decreed. I still don't see where you are saying I'm wrong.

PS since no one has decreed him as being in overstay, then he wasn't.

Last edited by Rete; Jan 21st 2011 at 7:42 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.