Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Do I need my USC fiance's original documents?

Do I need my USC fiance's original documents?

Old May 15th 2002, 3:56 pm
abi
Forum Regular

abi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I need my USC fiance's original documents?

We mailed with our I-129f petition to Vermont all the correct documentation. My question is, do I need originals of all of these for the K1 interview at London? Such as my USC fiance's divorce papers, his birth certificate (although I have heard that others havnt had to submit the birth certificate), and his marriage certificate? I hear they want to see orginals of all documents, but unsure if this includes such things as I have listed. Has anyone else had to submit any of the above for their London K1 interview at the embassy? Also, what fees are due on the day of the interview? And how much and what are they for? Myself and my K2 child will be emmigrating to New Jersey once this process is complete. I just dont wanna get up to the embassy and have my visa denied because of lack of documentation.
Old May 16th 2002, 12:20 pm
Jan

Default Re: Do I need my USC fiance's original documents?

Hiya abi I had my US fiance's birth cert with me at my London interview but they
didnt ask to see it. Think its probably a good idea to have these docs tho, just in
case. The only fees due for a K1 are $45 (£32) each which you prepay, theres a slip
on the DS 156 they send in pack 4. Only other cost is £125 for the medical (cash or
credit card) , think its a bit less for children under 14.

Hope this puts ur mind at rest a bit

all the best ....Jan )

"abi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > We mailed with our I-129f petition to Vermont all the correct documentation. My
    > question is, do I need originals of all of these for the K1 interview at London?
    > Such as my USC fiance's divorce papers, his birth certificate (although I have
    > heard that others havnt had to submit the birth certificate), and his marriage
    > certificate? I hear they want to see orginals of all documents, but unsure if this
    > includes such things as I have listed. Has anyone else had to submit any of the
    > above for their London K1 interview at the embassy? Also, what fees are due on the
    > day of the interview? And how much and what are they for? Myself and my K2 child
    > will be emmigrating to New Jersey once this process is complete. I just dont wanna
    > get up to the embassy and have my visa denied because of lack of documentation.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 16th 2002, 12:20 pm
Qwikhog

Default Re: Do I need my USC fiance's original documents?

I would certainly bring ALL the originals with you. My UK fiancee just had her
interview and said they did not even look at 90% of the documents she brought.
BUT...it is better safe than sorry. She didn't have my birth certificate or
original passport (which is best not to send your passport) but then again they
didn't even ask!