Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

do i need to make an appointment to file DCF I-130?

Wikiposts

do i need to make an appointment to file DCF I-130?

Old Aug 14th 2001, 10:11 pm
Vaspecad1

just wondering if i need to set up an appointment to file the I-130 directly at the
US consulate, or if i should just show up and get in line or something, ive come to
realize that not only will i never be able to get someone on the phone over there to
ask them this question, even if i do need an appointment, i wont be able to get ahold
of any of them to set it up,

i just want someone to tell me to shut up and just show up at the consulate after
were married and wait in line somewhere, that will be just fine by me.

jon

Old Aug 15th 2001, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

Which country do you want to file in?
Old Aug 15th 2001, 1:55 am
Jb

Vaspecad1 wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

It depends on what country you want to file in. In the UK, for example, the I-130 is
done by post only as far as I know (since I am in the middle of the process right
now). I think the US Embassy web site in London says they will accept petitions by
post only (haven't read it in some time). Try to find the web site for the consulate
in the country you want to file in. The information might be there.

Old Aug 15th 2001, 8:14 am
Vaspecad1

>
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> just wondering if i need to set up an appointment to file the I-130[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> the US consulate, or if i should just show up and get in line or something,[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> come to realize that not only will i never be able to get someone on the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> over there to ask them this question, even if i do need an appointment, i[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> be able to get ahold of any of them to set it up,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> i just want someone to tell me to shut up and just show up at the consulate after[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> were married and wait in line somewhere, that will be just fine by[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

ok, yeah the consulate in question is in johannesburg, South Africa, cant seem to
find any info on their web site, maybe im looking in the wrong place?

jon