Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Do I need to limit our evidence to two years?

Wikiposts

Do I need to limit our evidence to two years?

Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

kashi1019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I need to limit our evidence to two years?

Hi everyone,

My UKC fiance and I have been together for 4+ years. When filling out the I-129 F and providing evidence of our relationship, should we limit it to the past two years (since that is all they require) or include information since we met? To me it seems hard to just do the last two years and not include anything prior to that but I just don't know if they get annoyed by having more than they ask for, etc. Does anyone have or has anyone had this similar situation, if so what did you do or what do you advise?

Thanks
Stephanie
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do I need to limit our evidence to two years?

You need to show that you've met within the past two years, not that you've had a relationship for two years. So a few photos together, boarding passes, flight details, photocopies of passport stamps, etc is all that's required.

You only need to show you have an on-going relationship at the embassy interview stage (and it seems that quite often in London they don't even bother).

Last edited by Marty J; Mar 20th 2009 at 7:13 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kashi1019
Hi everyone,

My UKC fiance and I have been together for 4+ years. When filling out the I-129 F and providing evidence of our relationship, should we limit it to the past two years (since that is all they require) or include information since we met? To me it seems hard to just do the last two years and not include anything prior to that but I just don't know if they get annoyed by having more than they ask for, etc. Does anyone have or has anyone had this similar situation, if so what did you do or what do you advise?

Thanks
Stephanie
Hi Stephanie,

We knew each other longer than 2 years also, and we did not limit the evidence to the past 2 years. We included previous evidence, along with proof that we met in person during the past 2 years.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Stephanie,

We knew each other longer than 2 years also, and we did not limit the evidence to the past 2 years. We included previous evidence, along with proof that we met in person during the past 2 years.

Rene
To OP:

My thoughts echo Rene's thought -- but do not go overboard on it. I would put in STRONG evidence of having met within the last two years and minimal evidence of relationship. And BTW, sometimes the evidence regarding meeting in the last two years may include evidence pre-dating that time.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
To OP:

My thoughts echo Rene's thought -- but do not go overboard on it. I would put in STRONG evidence of having met within the last two years and minimal evidence of relationship. And BTW, sometimes the evidence regarding meeting in the last two years may include evidence pre-dating that time.
Right, for example, I included my passport pages showing I visited Turkey in 1997, along with a photo of us together from that time. I included passport pages showing I visited Turkey in 2001 and a few photos of us together at that time. Then I included the current evidence, which were my passport pages showing I visited Turkey in 2003 and more photos of us together, including our engagement photos.

Rene