Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Do I need to have my vaccinations done by the interview date?

Wikiposts

Do I need to have my vaccinations done by the interview date?

Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Do I need to have my vaccinations done by the interview date?

Just curious to know.....

My vaccination records have vanished off the face of the earth and so have no evidence to prove i have had the injections i had as a baby and when i was 4 years old (not sure what injections you have at that age).

What injections do i need for the visa (K1) and do i need to have them done by the interview? I have just had a tetanus shot on Monday. Do I need a MMR shot too? What else is required?

thanks all for your help.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A GREAT NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.

Last edited by whistlestop01; Dec 11th 2003 at 7:10 am.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:11 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need to have my vaccinations by the interview date?

Originally posted by whistlestop01

My vaccination records have vanished off the face of the earth and so have no evidence to prove i have had the injections i had as a baby and when i was 4 years old (not sure what injections you have at that age).

What injections do i need for the visa (K1) and do i need to have them done by the interview? I have just had a tetanus shot on Monday. Do I need a MMR shot too? What else is required?

To be honest I have no idea what you can do about your lost records (do you know which doctor you went to as a child??), but here you can read up on what vaccinations you will need:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...ccinechart.htm
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Do I need to have my vaccinations by the interview date?

Originally posted by Steffi
To be honest I have no idea what you can do about your lost records (do you know which doctor you went to as a child??), but here you can read up on what vaccinations you will need:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...ccinechart.htm
My doctor died a long time ago, before records were put into computers and somehow the records didnt go to my new doctor (tho now with another doctor) and school records delete them after you are 25 years old grrrrrrrrr
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

UKLiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do I need to have my vaccinations done by the interview date?

For the medical all you need is proof of any vaccinations you have had in the past. The Doctor will tell you what other vaccinations you may need to have and you will be given the opportunity to have them done there - although this option is quite expensive.

Perhaps you could get the remaining vaccinations completed by your GP before entering the US - not because you have to, but more because it might cost you more to get them done once you are in the US.

Last edited by UKLiz; Dec 11th 2003 at 7:23 am.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by UKLiz
For the interview all you need is proof of any vaccinations you have had in the past. At the medical they will tell you what other vaccinations you may need to have and you will be given the opportunity to have them done there - although this option is quite expensive.

Perhaps you could get the remaining vaccinations completed by your GP before entering the US - not because you have to, but more because it might cost you more to get them done once you are in the US.
Ok, thanks for that.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:25 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, thanks for that.
I don't have any of my vaccination records handy. There's a thing called the Titre test that you can have done. Do a search on this site and it will bring up the info.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Just wondering - are you sure it was a Tetanus shot that you were given?

If so, you may well find that you will now need to have a separate shot for Diphtheria - that is, if stocks have not run out! Failing that you might have to have the combined Diphtheria/Tetanus shot.

The Tetanus vaccine was replaced by the combined vaccine some time ago; and my understanding is that surgeries should have disposed of the old stock by now.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Just wondering - are you sure it was a Tetanus shot that you were given?

If so, you may well find that you will now need to have a separate shot for Diphtheria - that is, if stocks have not run out! Failing that you might have to have the combined Diphtheria/Tetanus shot.

The Tetanus vaccine was replaced by the combined vaccine some time ago; and my understanding is that surgeries should have disposed of the old stock by now.
Yes it was the TD shot ......tetanus/diptheria so no problem there My arm still hurts lol IM SUCH A WIMP
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:33 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know why that would be? I recently had a tetanus only jab after being attacked by a dog.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sibsie
Do you know why that would be? I recently had a tetanus only jab after being attacked by a dog.
Cant help you there but i do know on the vaccination chart for the visa it says Tetanus/Diptheria (TD).

Hey you guys that have had your shots/medical/interview whats the deal on this?
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sibsie
Sorry but I don't have a clue, I was just advised this by a close friend who also happens to be a Nurse; and then my own surgery confirmed the same thing. I just never bothered to ask why.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Cant help you there but i do know on the vaccination chart for the visa it says Tetanus/Diptheria (TD).

Hey you guys that have had your shots/medical/interview whats the deal on this?
I don't know, but I would hazzard a guess that it probably has something to do with medical progress. Maybe the dual vaccine is more cost effective?
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:43 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I got my shots from local GP a la NHS. Anything for a freebie

I'm not sure you HAVE to get all shots before you get stateside, but I think they all need to be done prior to AOS. Heck, they are free in the UK so why not get them.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by CharlieS
I got my shots from local GP a la NHS. Anything for a freebie

I'm not sure you HAVE to get all shots before you get stateside, but I think they all need to be done prior to AOS. Heck, they are free in the UK so why not get them.

Agreed - you don't have to get all the shots before entering on the K1 - this will be explained to you by the Doctor at the medical.

Like you, I got mine completed by my GP FOC.

One thing people might want to consider. I was given a "Vaccines Record Card" by my GP, but I paid them to provide me with written confirmation of everything on their headed paper.

The record card had been completed by my GP initialling/dating each item - I could have quite easily completed it myself! Anyway, I just figured that the letter would prevent anyone further down the line questioning the authenticity of the record card.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:03 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I got a record card which had offical stamps for each jab.
I wasn't smart enough to think of getting an official letter or similar.
Good idea Liz

The record card had been completed by my GP initialling/dating each item - I could have quite easily completed it myself! Anyway, I just figured that the letter would prevent anyone further down the line questioning the authenticity of the record card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.