Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Do I Need to file I864 for wife

Do I Need to file I864 for wife

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Kermit07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I Need to file I864 for wife

I am on H1B presently. My wife will join me for the validity period of my approved I129 petition for non immigrant worker valid thru May 1, 2007. I have two questions and both pertain to an I864 affidavit of support.

Must I file an I864 now for her to join me?

Must I file an I864 later if and when we apply for permanent residency?

A little confused on this issue. Thanks for helping. Hope to see some responses very soon.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do I Need to file I864 for wife

Not for a H4

Depends on the basis that you are applying, most H Visa holders are sponsored by their Employer.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Kermit07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to try and file for GC through my employer (they have consented to do this). Will I then add her to application. Do I then have to file an I-864 for wife or is that also done through the sponsoring employer?
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 4:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong forum. I am transferring you to the correct one. This forum is for USC and foreign spouses and does not deal with work visas.