Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Do I need ESTA to travel with a CR-1

Wikiposts

Do I need ESTA to travel with a CR-1

Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Do I need ESTA to travel with a CR-1

Apologies for potentially coming across a bit dense here but a quick search didn't yield this info.

I've got my approved CR-1 stuck in the passport and am currently (slowly) preparing everything for the Big Trip. My reading is that as I have a CR-1 visa in my passport, I don't need any sort of approved ESTA as that's only for people trying to travel to the US under the VWP, correct?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:09 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need ESTA to travel with a CR-1

ESTA is only required from Visa Waiver Program/VWP travelers, correct.

You can check out the wiki entry about arrival with an immigrant visa for more info on traveling with your visa type.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

Oops. Sorry meauxna, that was in the only section I hadn't checked before I posted. I've taken the liberty to correct the 'moving household items to the US' while reading the entry.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:37 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

thanks.. just saw that & karma'd you for it.
(I thought all links had to have that backslash, but they do NOT!)
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimNiceBut
My reading is that as I have a CR-1 visa in my passport, I don't need any sort of approved ESTA as that's only for people trying to travel to the US under the VWP, correct?
Correct.

But that won't stop the helpful but dim flight attendants from trying to foist an I-94w upon you on the plane.