divorced

Old Sep 3rd 2021, 6:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: divorced

SD, I didn't see that link or your post. I responded to Charelle's post to me and then didn't continue reading anything posted after her comment to me. Guess it is moot now as she didn't remarry apparently.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am getting more and more confused.

Looking back 5 years to a thread I and others on this thread contributed to the OP stated that she was as part of the Divorce settlement getting 10x the 125% and had already received part of it.

Seems it has taken sometime to ROC with a divorce waiver. Seems she has not naturalised, assume the wedding did not happen.
Just exactly what wedding are you talking about!!! Utter nonsense. Please quote where I mentioned about a wedding? As far as naturalisation....none of your business. I am not here to answer your assumptions. Seems you didn't get the memo on how not to get nosey and just answer a question....if you can't answer it, then scroll on. Thank you.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you read the link I posted, you said 'Ah, I think from your past posts, you received this green card via marriage to a different USC, correct?

There's no law against getting remarried now, although you also don't want to make it look like your first marriage was a sham'

So in 2019 a second marriage was on the cards. Possibly never happened
Are you people for real? 2019 a second marriage was on the cards? You need to get your facts right as this is now getting a little ridiculous. Quote that please. What is wrong with you people suggesting things like that which are completely false? I'd be careful with that kind of thing.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

You're absolutely welcome because I've never had a nice person respond here other than Rete. So yes, you are bad eggs. It is a british expat forum, the assumption is that this is for Brits duuuhhhh.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charelle
Are you people for real? 2019 a second marriage was on the cards? You need to get your facts right as this is now getting a little ridiculous. Quote that please. What is wrong with you people suggesting things like that which are completely false? I'd be careful with that kind of thing.
... but you posted this on Jan 18, 2019

Hi,
I'm currently going through the process of the I751. I got the extension that I see others have also been given. It's proving to be a long wait which I know others are experiencing. My partner proposed to me, and I said yes, but I have said that I am not sure it's "allowed" to marry whilst going through this process. We're both happy to wait until the decision on my I751 is made clear, but at the same time we'd like to tie the knot and have a small wedding. We'd like to continue with "life" even though nothing is set in stone as far as the renewal of the GC goes. We'd like to look for a house to buy but I am not sure we should do that given that there is no yey or ney regarding my extension and I'm aware this could go either way, and we'd deal with it either way. Renting is for us, just money out the window, and we'd like to change that of course. Can anyone offer any advice please?

Thanks in advance.

You obtained your original visa by marriage to another US citizen - which is stated in the link I gave ......

Marriage whilst awaiting approval of I751

Old Sep 3rd 2021, 8:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

thread closed