Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Divorce & Removing conditions & I 751 please help

Wikiposts

Divorce & Removing conditions & I 751 please help

Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Divorce & Removing conditions & I 751 please help

Originally Posted by ILM
yes i did know the address
yes i did know her email address
yes i did know the password
yes we both used the account
and of course the account could indeed be considered hers
and yes its a stretch what she did , hence my argument shes trying only to get me arrested and charged etc to spoil my name
I'm not well-versed in any of this, but if indeed you could show that the account was used by both of you in the past, I imagine it might boil down to what was the purpose of your choice to comandeer it? If you were simply availailing yourself of an account for purposes of asking questions of a forum to see what steps are required in the rest of your immigration process, while I recognise that you may have over-stepped your right to take over the account, could it be considered a violation of the protection order she had against you? I would say no. But as I have said before, I am not well-informed.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:13 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice

Originally Posted by bionomique
And in a marriage, would an account of this type be considered separate property or marital property? I am not trying to take this to the extreme, but if a person cannot deny another access to a home while married, even if the spouse's name is not on the title, how could it be so simple for an online account, if both knew the password and had used it?
this I believe is the reason why my attorney is confident he will get theses charges dismissed.
I will in due course let you know what happens.

ILM
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:37 am
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice

Originally Posted by ILM
this I believe is the reason why my attorney is confident he will get theses charges dismissed.
I will in due course let you know what happens.

ILM
ok just a small update and at this stage i cant say too much.

But there are 2 parts to my arrest here, part 2 later.

the 1st part where i was sposed to of emailed her was dismissed today, (it wasnt me that emailed her)

part 2 is about the immigration account, again more details when that case comes up 24th April and she has to be there.

ILM
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Jmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ILM
ok just a small update and at this stage i cant say too much.

But there are 2 parts to my arrest here, part 2 later.

the 1st part where i was sposed to of emailed her was dismissed today, (it wasnt me that emailed her)

part 2 is about the immigration account, again more details when that case comes up 24th April and she has to be there.

ILM
Good luck, hope it all works out for you
Old May 17th 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Hmm. Nothing more from the OP. You don't suppose he was arrested, do you?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:58 am
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bionomique
Hmm. Nothing more from the OP. You don't suppose he was arrested, do you?

My apologies for not getting back on here sooner but I have been very busy,after the court case.

we went to trial re the arrest, she never showed up so all charges were dropped, case dismissed, not how I would of liked to of won but still a result all the same.

I have been collecting all my paperwork for my I-751 form, just waiting for my decree in writing so the paperwork will be complete and ready to send.

I cant give any more details re the trial, which is a shame because it would of been so relevant for this site ( if you PM me i may give more details).

Thanks all for the support. ILM