Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Divorce rears an ugly and premature head

Wikiposts

Divorce rears an ugly and premature head

Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorce rears an ugly and premature head

Originally Posted by hugeness
Under Utah housing law, this is her house, she can serve a notice to evict .. 5 days notice.
You are not a tenant, however. You are a spouse and as a spouse you can't be evicted under the housing law.

You can be court ordered to leave the premises based on the divorce / separation proceedings especially if you are not part owner of the house, i.e. it was owned by her before the marriage or acquired by her after the marriage without your name on the mortgage and deed.

You truly need to have a divorce attorney of your own and that is going to cost you and you are without funds. Please check out the web for pro bono agencies in Utah that might be of assistance to you.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

I did waiver and i was approved. If you have more questions ask me. I will be glad to help. If you won't see my post on here, that means someone delete it again LOL so you can PM me. Best wishes Milan
Old Nov 21st 2009, 2:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It's extremely poor policy to PM or email individuals for immigration information; it's strongly discouraged here or anywhere. If the information is incorrect, at least when posted in public, others have a chance to correct it.

Originally Posted by milan79
I did waiver and i was approved. If you have more questions ask me. I will be glad to help. If you won't see my post on here, that means someone delete it again LOL so you can PM me. Best wishes Milan
Considering your own record of errors in posting, you in particular should take that on board Milan. Tell someone again to PM you for information and you will have a vacation from this site.
You've already been given one pass; go review the site rules and think about what you post before you hit 'submit'. Final notice.

(and the rules mean, don't reply to me about this here)
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
It's extremely poor policy to PM or email individuals for immigration information; it's strongly discouraged here or anywhere. If the information is incorrect, at least when posted in public, others have a chance to correct it.

Considering your own record of errors in posting, you in particular should take that on board Milan. Tell someone again to PM you for information and you will have a vacation from this site.
You've already been given one pass; go review the site rules and think about what you post before you hit 'submit'. Final notice.

(and the rules mean, don't reply to me about this here)
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:28 am
Just Joined

hugeness is an unknown quantity at this point

update:

thanks to everyone for the advice, very useful.
I managed to get out of the house, just in time, she changed the locks on the monday, managed to get most of my stuff out.

shes concocting a claim that i have taken a couple of books from her...
just muddying the waters, but at least i am out, and although still stressed, not a mentalist (sorry about that, just such a shock, i am a tough guy, but it was the still being in love with my attacker made it so tricky)..

so.. it appears that i can apply to remove conditions when the divorce is over, but it actually looks like a tricky one, it was her house, no co-mingling of finances (i didnt get my first job till the week she left me) and all the letters i sent her (the ones that prove i came in good faith) are with her!
i have some emails. hope thats enough.

what if i didnt apply to change conditions immediately, and saved up to buy a place? i heard that if you own property it helps?
thanks again...
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 12:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hugeness
so.. it appears that i can apply to remove conditions when the divorce is over...
You'll want to do a bit of research on this, I believe the rules recently changed, and now you can file the I-751 actually before you have the divorce decree in hand.

but it actually looks like a tricky one, it was her house, no co-mingling of finances (i didnt get my first job till the week she left me) and all the letters i sent her (the ones that prove i came in good faith) are with her! i have some emails. hope thats enough.
It will benefit you to get as much documentation as possible that you had a joint life together.

what if i didnt apply to change conditions immediately, and saved up to buy a place?
I would not postpone the I-751 filing.

i heard that if you own property it helps?
I've not heard this.

Rene
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You'll want to do a bit of research on this, I believe the rules recently changed, and now you can file the I-751 actually before you have the divorce decree in hand.

It will benefit you to get as much documentation as possible that you had a joint life together.

I would not postpone the I-751 filing.

I've not heard this.

Rene
Excellent Rene!