Reload this Page >

Divorce and I-751 Pending

Wikiposts

Divorce and I-751 Pending

Old Aug 24th 2003, 6:35 am
Just Joined

histamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Divorce and I-751 Pending

I need advice rete, folksylina and other please help.

I and my wife got married in Jan 2001 and we have had a great relationship. We lived in PA for from Jan 2001 to July 2003. I filed for removal of my conditions in May 2003. We moved to Indiana in July and we asked the file to get transferred to the NSC center. However after moving to IN we realized that we don’t want to be together. What are my options:

1. Withdraw the joint I-751 and file a new one with waiver ?
2. Where should I file this at NSC or VSC (we haven’t filed for divorce yet). I am thinking of moving back to PA or NJ while she will be staying in IN
3. We have stayed in IN only for 1 month so can we get a divorce here (6 month minimum residence in the state)
4. What should I do now before divorce so that my chance of approval is better? Should she file or I should file, obtain affidavit of support from her etc?

Please respond some one as we are desperate
Old Aug 24th 2003, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

histamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Divorce and I-751 Pending

Guys please reply

anyone out there has any good suggestions. I am vey down right now need some one to guide me thru
Old Aug 25th 2003, 4:05 am
Michael

histamine <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Guys please reply
    >
    >
    >
Here's an option: Leave

Old Aug 25th 2003, 4:55 am
Shannon

Originally posted by histamine

I and my wife got married in Jan 2001 and we have had a great relationship. We lived in PA for from Jan 2001 to July 2003. I filed for removal of my conditions in May 2003. We moved to Indiana in July and we asked the file to get transferred to the NSC center. However after moving to IN we realized that we don’t want to be together. What are my options:

2. Where should I file this at NSC or VSC (we haven’t filed for divorce yet). I am thinking of moving back to PA or NJ while she will be staying in IN
3. We have stayed in IN only for 1 month so can we get a divorce here (6 month minimum residence in the state)
4. What should I do now before divorce so that my chance of approval is better? Should she file or I should file, obtain affidavit of support from her etc?

I am no expert on this but perhaps it will help to have someone say something helpful!

You are eligible for removal of conditions. In my experience of divorce it was a lot less painful to start on the process of live apart with as few strings as possible.

I suggest you make your move to PA etc, and apply for divorce there (Since you are not eligible in IN and it will not be good for you to linger for that purpose).

Then, when you have a new address, refile for a I-751 with waiver. It sounds as if you and your wife are still on cordial terms... so she will assist in whatever is required (not much, I believe).

This sounds like an honest and straightforward path, which will not compromise your choices for the furture.

Shannon

Old Aug 25th 2003, 5:06 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Histamine: if you run a search on this at the top of the main forum page (for the US Marriage Based Visas) you will probably find lots of information - we get the question on and off...

I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you would have wished them to... and good luck.

Elly
(Michael... Knock off the "great wisdom", will ya?)
Old Aug 25th 2003, 5:22 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by histamine

Hi:

Until the divorce is final, I would leave the joint petition in place. 2 minutes after the divorce is final, file a waiver I-751.

Been there and done that when couple was cooperative.