Wikiposts

Divorce Help:(

Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorce Help:(

Originally Posted by Jamma72
Hi Guys,

Im getting ready to fill in my I-751 and accumilate some evidence that marrage was in good faith.

Although now im getting some bad vibe about this step from what i have been reading and lawyers telling me it will be about $1500 for them to do it because its complicated.

I was under the impression that i fill out the form, 2 pages!!(which im doing with a non immigration attorney) and gather evidence that the marrage was genuine.

Im happy to do this but what could go wrong and what maybe the consiquences if not done through an attorney?

Thanks

btw i have until the 27 of July to do this, which is when my Green card expires
Why are you doing this with a non-immigration attorney? That doesn't seem very productive.

Many people do this on their own and have no issues. The drawback would be if, for some reason, you get denied, you would then need representation to fight your case. Or, if you get called for an interview, I would recommend having an attorney attend the interview with you. Some attorney's don't like to step into the process once you've started doing it yourself...others will do that. The choice is really yours to make.

Rene
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Jamma72 will become famous soon enough

Well he's a good Freind of mine and he'll make sure the forms filled in correcly i hope.

So i fill in the forms along with marrage photos, joint lease, joint tax forms all that good stuff?

Thanks
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Well he's a good Freind of mine and he'll make sure the forms filled in correcly i hope.

So i fill in the forms along with marrage photos, joint lease, joint tax forms all that good stuff?

Thanks
Fill in the forms and include evidence that your marriage was entered into in good faith, and that you had a true, bona-fide marriage, until it ended in divorce. Some people have been asked to write a statement regarding the circumstances of the divorce. Include every piece of evidence you can think of, dating back to when you got married...even before you got married, to prove you had good intentions.

Rene
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:00 am
Just Joined

Ok understood.

I've also just been informed that an affidavit will need to be signed by two people known to me since marrage and signed by an attorney.

Is this right?

Thanks again
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:01 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ok understood.

I've also just been informed that an affidavit will need to be signed by two people known to me since marrage and signed by an attorney.

Is this right?

Thanks again
Been informed by whom?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:03 am
Just Joined

It's on the I-751 instuction sheet
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:10 am

Ok understood.

Is this right?

Thanks again
I beleive those are optional, but it certainly won't hurt to include them.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks again for letting me pick your Brains.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again for letting me pick your Brains.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

It does not say that the letters, if used, have to be signed by an attorney. It says they have to be affirmed. The person writing the letter need only say: I affirm that I have known Joe Blow and Margie Blow for the last two years blah blah blah