Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Direct Consular filing in RIO

Wikiposts

Direct Consular filing in RIO

Old Mar 25th 2002, 4:02 pm
Bbshoptnr

Default Direct Consular filing in RIO

I just got back from Brazil where me and my brazilian wife filed our petitions. I
just wanted to let you all know a few things that I was told to do but really didn't
need to... First.... The Biographical sheets (G325A) for the spouse and the citizen
DID NOT need to be filed at the consulate. I had them filled out but they did not
want them. They also did not ask for her birth certificate. The only things that I
filed were: The I130 Petition for an alien relative copy of my passport her NEW I230
the OF 169. This is the form that you need to sign before they will schedule an
interview. Since I was leaving brazil I needed to have my 864 affidavit notarized by
the vice consul. There was no charge for this. Although my wife did have her police
record and her medical exams completed prior to the filing, they did not ask for
them. You just need to say that you have them completed by signing the 169 form. I
told the Vice Consul that Cristina had everything done that she needed to do and he
told me that he would make a note of that in regards to the interview date. After you
file, they will notify your spouse by mail as to when her interview will be. In RIO,
they are running about 4-6 weeks.

There is a NEW I230 application for the alien spouse. It was just completed in early
march. I went there with the last available form but needed to fill out the new one.
They luckily had it there.

The photo of the spouse needs to be an adit shot but MINE did not need to be. I gave
them a standard frontal passport shot and they accepted it.

If anyone has any questions regarding DCF or marriage in brazil I would be happy to
answer them.... Ben