Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

in dilemma, joint I-751 approved after divorce

in dilemma, joint I-751 approved after divorce

Old Sep 21st 2009, 11:42 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: in dilemma, joint I-751 approved after divorce

Originally Posted by Outkast
Rete, stop trying to make things look harder than they already are. You're not an atorney, once your gc is granted its yours. You want to mess it all up go ahead and file for a waiver, get back to the end of the line buddy. Good Luck.
Really? And your basis for saying this is.... because that's what happened to your cousin??

Sorry, but I'm more inclined to listen to Mr. Folinsky on this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=10

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=24

~ Jenney
Old Sep 21st 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Rete, stop trying to make things look harder than they already are. You're not an atorney, once your gc is granted its yours. You want to mess it all up go ahead and file for a waiver, get back to the end of the line buddy. Good Luck.
The members of this board have been posting from the time you were still in the womb. Don't post ill informed comments without knowing the nature of the CIS. As such comments will mislead the poster leading to a disaster. The CIS is known for making very subjective, idiosyncratic decisions far from protocol.
Don't make this board turn you from OUTKAST to OUTCAST. jk.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 1:18 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Rete Posts: 28,521

Outkast 5 go figure

No she is not an attorney, but her advice and experiance over the years has proved to be equal to that of a certified professional, and is not to be sniffed at.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 1:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

...once your gc is granted its yours.
As long as it was granted correctly. If USCIS granted it by mistake, it can be taken away. That's a fact.

Rene
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1234
though i agree outkast is wrong but i completely disagree with ur above statement. in my humble opinion, opinions/members shouldn't be treated differently based on their senority and how many posts they have made; rather it should be based on fact and truth. a rookie member's opinions can not be ruled out for that person to be a new member or enough vetern enough compared to other members. new members could also know more than senior members, if not then obama wouldn't have been our president over all the senior and experienced candidates including John Mccain. Ted Kennedy served in Senate for 47 yrs...Obama wasn't even born when Ted started serving. John Mccain devoted his life in the senate chamber; while obama was there only 4 18 months. thus, a rookie shouldn't be underestimated. and remember, everyone was/is rookie at one time?

however it doesn't mean rete is wrong in her opinions on her. she is a long time member who has learned and read all this so often on here over the years. but undermining a rookie member solely based on number of posts and date of membership is completely wrong in my humble opinion. that's all.
I apologise if my statement is seen as vitriolic to rookie members, I ask the moderator to delete my posting if necessary. That said, its hard for me to stay quite seeing a rookie member questioning the seasoned correct opinion of a regular well informed poster.

Last edited by lostlove; Sep 21st 2009 at 6:12 pm. Reason: redundant
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:04 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostlove
I apologise if my statement is seen as vitriolic to rookie members, I ask the moderator to delete my posting if necessary. That said, its hard for me to stay quite seeing a rookie member questioning the seasoned correct opinion of a regular seasoned poster.
I am with you Lostlove your post is fine.

Whilst 1234 does have a point, in this particular instance I see no relevance.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Outkast ,

don't forget that the US immigration law is not meant to let you into the country. Everything is rather to be understood to make the immigration as hard as possible.

If I am allowed to repeat Ian-mstn - immigration is a benefit and not right.

USCIS will make your immigration process difficult or impossible. Even if the USCIS makes a formal mistake you will have to proof it.

Any formal error can jeopardize your whole immigration process.

Please also remember that your are only get out of the Immigration radar

when your citizenship has been approved And even than they can still get

you if you lied during the process.

I would follow the adivise of Senior members in this forum. Al least you avoid expensive attorney costs for the same advise.

But as always it your choice what you want to do - as well Only you have to pay the price for not immigrating by the book.

CCR
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:37 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Rete Posts: 28,521

Outkast 5 go figure

No she is not an attorney, but her advice and experiance over the years has proved to be equal to that of a certified professional, and is not to be sniffed at.
Are you saying that in your opinion, Rete is rendering legal advice on this website?

Last edited by Rete; Sep 21st 2009 at 9:16 pm. Reason: DO NOT USE MY GIVEN NAME WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crosscountryrider
Outkast ,

don't forget that the US immigration law is not meant to let you into the country. Everything is rather to be understood to make the immigration as hard as possible.

If I am allowed to repeat Ian-mstn - immigration is a benefit and not right.

USCIS will make your immigration process difficult or impossible. Even if the USCIS makes a formal mistake you will have to proof it.

Any formal error can jeopardize your whole immigration process.

Please also remember that your are only get out of the Immigration radar

when your citizenship has been approved And even than they can still get

you if you lied during the process.

I would follow the adivise of Senior members in this forum. Al least you avoid expensive attorney costs for the same advise.

But as always it your choice what you want to do - as well Only you have to pay the price for not immigrating by the book.

CCR
Very true crosscountryrider! These wrong advices given without thought and experience often land people into more serious immigration problems. Next thing you see them running to the most exp. AILIA lawyers for clean up janitorial work. Often quoted by Mr F.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Are you saying that in your opinion, Rete is rendering legal advice on this website?
She is giving her free knowledge as we all try and do, but in Rete's case she has contributed more posts over a longer period of time.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 21st 2009 at 9:17 pm. Reason: changing the name in the quote
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:01 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

ll,

Only if OK is awfully young. And his attitude does indicate that he may be, mentally anyway.

But your point about relative levels of experience is valid despite the exageration. :

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by lostlove
The members of this board have been posting from the time you were still in the womb.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Instead of questioning the legality of Rete's advice, why don't you post something helpful to give us some direction. I see your an exp. certified counselor.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 21st 2009 at 9:18 pm. Reason: Change of my name in quoted text and poster's reply
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:47 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

OK, forget I asked

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Sep 21st 2009 at 8:50 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not attempting to make things harder nor have I ever held myself out as an attorney.

You need to read the I-751 posts here and also the instructions on the I-751. You may file a joint petition and then if you find yourself legally separated and subsquently divorced before the I-751 is adjudicated, then you need to file a waiver for the removal of conditions. Allowing it to continue and to accept the 10 year green card without notifying USCIS that you were divorced prior to the removal of conditions then the green card is void. As for Haley's reply of what an attorney said to them, the statement is most likely incomplete.

As for being at the back of the line, what difference does it make if you have to wait another two years for naturalization. The clock for that starts at the approval of the Conditional Residency. Unless, of course, you married an American for a green card with the plan to divorce, become a USC, and then import a foreign spouse with your new US Citizenship.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm not attempting to make things harder nor have I ever held myself out as an attorney.

You need to read the I-751 posts here and also the instructions on the I-751. You may file a joint petition and then if you find yourself legally separated and subsquently divorced before the I-751 is adjudicated, then you need to file a waiver for the removal of conditions. Allowing it to continue and to accept the 10 year green card without notifying USCIS that you were divorced prior to the removal of conditions then the green card is void. As for Haley's reply of what an attorney said to them, the statement is most likely incomplete.

As for being at the back of the line, what difference does it make if you have to wait another two years for naturalization. The clock for that starts at the approval of the Conditional Residency. Unless, of course, you married an American for a green card with the plan to divorce, become a USC, and then import a foreign spouse with your new US Citizenship.
Hi:

An answer can be right, wrong, or who the hell knows? No matter who gives it. Even attorneys have to go "oops" from time to time.

The OP has gotten the wrong information numerous times. Repetition does not correct a wrong answer.

OP may never have a problem later on. Or then he may.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.