Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Did the K-1? I-130? I-485? Entered POE?

Wikiposts

Did the K-1? I-130? I-485? Entered POE?

Old Apr 30th 2002, 5:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did the K-1? I-130? I-485? Entered POE?

What were your experiences. All well and good to post it here on the newsgroup of alt.visa.us.marriage-based. People will congratulate you and pat you on the back if you are successful or commiserate with you if you have an RFE or a rejection or a denial and need a waiver.

But for those thousand of others that will walk in your footprints, don't allow those footprints to be cast in sand with only a posting on a newsgroup. Cast your footprints in cement by posting those experiences on the experiences pages of the Mysterious Brown Envelope.

Update AOS (I-485), I-130 US Consulate, I-551, N-400 Experiences at: http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

Update POE Experiences at: http://www.k1poelist.com/

Your experiences are valuable. They were well fought for and hard earned. Share your experiences with others in a permanent format. You don't even have to type it twice: Cut and paste what you post on the NG on the appropriate experience page.

Come on Generation X ... Give a little something to Generation Y

Y? Because We Love Ya (Now Sing it Out ... M I C K E Y M O U S E)
Old Apr 30th 2002, 3:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did the K-1? I-130? I-485? Entered POE?

Post your experiences
Old May 1st 2002, 10:10 am
Sandra

Rete wrote:
    >

>
    > Come on Generation X ... Give a little something to Generation Y

Thanks for the cyber kick in the butt. Pay it forward people...

I will never, ever forget the help of Rete, Jonathan and Alevena and other
newsgroupies have give me and my DH over the last two years.

Thanks guys Sandra Aussie ½

Old May 2nd 2002, 3:10 am
Eddie

My experience as a K3 holder: Ny POE is Buffalo by car. The whole process took me
about 1:15hr mainly because of the people ahead of me (mind you it was a weekend
too). The whole process went fairly smoothly. The officer looked at my visa and asked
when I'm getting married. I told him that we were married last August and that's when
he realized my visa was a K3. I think they are more familiar with K1. He opened my
brown envelop and went through my paperwork very briefly (it was everything including
the original I-129F application form/medical check/police cert, etc) then returned
the envelop to me. He said they don't need to keep for K3 holder unless it's for K1.
Then he stapled the I-94 on my passport and said if when I go back and forth between
US and Canada and my I-94 is taken away, I should ask the US immigration officer to
reissue me another one. If I'm not supposed to keep the brown envelop does anyone has
any idea where I should return it to? I want to file for my EAD now. Do I require a
signature card for filing my EAD? I'm sending it to the Chicago office. This is so
far my experience .........Good luck!