Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

desparately need help on I-129f forms re K1 , please.

desparately need help on I-129f forms re K1 , please.

Old Apr 26th 2002, 10:40 am
Blue Jjjj312412

Default desparately need help on I-129f forms re K1 , please.

My fiance is stressing out because after reading so many things on the procedure and
peoples own experiences on how to do this. He is now totally confused as to just how
many and which forms, aswell as the I-129, he should actually ask for, to fill in.
Some people say that everything, aswell as the affadavit of intent, ahould be
notorised . Then he is not sure as to whether he has to submit his earnings
certificates etc with his petition.Or is that just necessary for me to take wth me at
my interview? Also I know my documents have to be certified ones when I present them
here, but the copies of my certificates etc that he needs, can they be photocopies?
My daughter is coming with me does he need photos of us both? Basically, I am pretty
sure of most of what it entails over here in the UK , but all this confusion by
reading so many stories is mindblowing..lol...any help will be gratefully received.
Thankyou very much. J

Old Apr 26th 2002, 3:10 pm
Shelley

Default Re: desparately need help on I-129f forms re K1 , please.

Tell your fiancé to take a big breath and relax. This isn't rocket science and even
though forgetting something can cause delays, stressing out over every detail doesn't
anything either, paperwork wise or health wise. Tell him to go to www.k1faq.com then
go to section 3 "the I-129F petition". question 3.2 lists all the paperwork required
to send with the I-129F petition. Tell him to read all of section 3 so he can
understand the entire I-129F portion of the process, and read the entire website
(skipping the k-3 stuff since that doesn't apply to you) and he will have a better
understanding of everything that is going to happen. Nothing needs to be notarized
for the I-129F. He should send only photocopies with the I-129F - you will take the
originals to your interview. Only the I-134 needs to be notarized, but you will be
taking TWO of them to your interview, one for you and one for your daughter - he can
do one, copy it and then have both notarized. The letter from his employer you will
also take to the interview. I don't know if you need to send a photo of your daughter
with the I-129F - since he will only be sending a petition for you, perhaps not, but
maybe someone else can address this. Take Care. Shelley

"Blue JJJJ3124126" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My fiance is stressing out because after reading so many things on the procedure
    > and peoples own experiences on how to do this. He is now totally confused as to
    > just how many and which forms, aswell as the I-129, he
should
    > actually ask for, to fill in. Some people say that everything, aswell as the
    > affadavit of intent, ahould
be
    > notorised . Then he is not sure as to whether he has to submit his earnings
certificates
    > etc with his petition.Or is that just necessary for me to take wth me at
my
    > interview? Also I know my documents have to be certified ones when I present them
here,
    > but the copies of my certificates etc that he needs, can they be
photocopies?
    > My daughter is coming with me does he need photos of us both? Basically, I am
    > pretty sure of most of what it entails over here in the UK
    > but all this confusion by reading so many stories is
mindblowing..lol...any
    > help will be gratefully received. Thankyou very much. J

Old Apr 26th 2002, 5:10 pm
Ranjini

You don't file anything for your K2 at the I-129F stage. However, just mention that
she will be accompanying you to the US on the cover letter. Hopefully, when the
approved petition reaches the consulate they will send you to two sets of documents.
One for you and one for your daughter. Which they did for us. Even if they don't, you
could either request them by telephone to send you another packet for her. I have
also been reading on this newsgroup that some folks have photocopied additional sets
of documents for their K2 children Ranjini

"Shelley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Tell your fiancé to take a big breath and relax. This isn't rocket
science
    > and even though forgetting something can cause delays, stressing out over every
    > detail doesn't anything either, paperwork wise or health wise. Tell him to go to
    > www.k1faq.com then go to section 3 "the I-129F
petition".
    > question 3.2 lists all the paperwork required to send with the I-129F petition.
    > Tell him to read all of section 3 so he can understand the entire I-129F portion of
    > the process, and read the entire website (skipping the k-3
stuff
    > since that doesn't apply to you) and he will have a better understanding
of
    > everything that is going to happen. Nothing needs to be notarized for the
    > I-129F. He should send only photocopies with the I-129F - you will take the
    > originals to your interview. Only the I-134 needs to be notarized, but you will
    > be taking TWO of them
to
    > your interview, one for you and one for your daughter - he can do one,
copy
    > it and then have both notarized. The letter from his employer you will
also
    > take to the interview. I don't know if you need to send a photo of your daughter
    > with the
I-129F -
    > since he will only be sending a petition for you, perhaps not, but maybe someone
    > else can address this. Take Care. Shelley
    >
    > "Blue JJJJ3124126" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > My fiance is stressing out because after reading so many things on the procedure
    > > and peoples own experiences on how to do this. He is now
totally
    > > confused as to just how many and which forms, aswell as the I-129, he
    > should
    > > actually ask for, to fill in. Some people say that everything, aswell as the
    > > affadavit of intent,
ahould
    > be
    > > notorised . Then he is not sure as to whether he has to submit his earnings
    > certificates
    > > etc with his petition.Or is that just necessary for me to take wth me at
    > my
    > > interview? Also I know my documents have to be certified ones when I present them
    > here,
    > > but the copies of my certificates etc that he needs, can they be
    > photocopies?
    > > My daughter is coming with me does he need photos of us both? Basically, I am
    > > pretty sure of most of what it entails over here in the
UK
    > ,
    > > but all this confusion by reading so many stories is
    > mindblowing..lol...any
    > > help will be gratefully received. Thankyou very much. J
    >

Old Apr 26th 2002, 8:40 pm
Blue Jjjj312412

Shelley , many thanks indeed for all the info. Jacqueline