Wikiposts

derportation/visa help

Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:17 am
Just Joined

John and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default derportation/visa help

Hello All
Back in May 2005 I was sent to work in the states by a british firm, I was under the impression I was to act as a consultant only but that wasn't accurate, long and short of it I was arrested for working with out a visa, which is accurate, the firm denied everything and the lawyer in the states said he never received any instructions from the uk to obtain a visa, contrary to my former boss's opinion.
Well back in 2008 we applied for permanent residency, wife is us citizen, would have been approved if we had completed the I212, we didn't get round to it as the job offer I had vanished when the company went bust.blessing in disguise, the economy fell on its bum and there was nothing for us to go to so we forgot about it.
Now we would like to return to visit family and friends for a holiday, I have all the evidence I need to prove I have no desire work there but my question is this, Do I need to go down the route of I 212 followed by B2 visa accompanied with DS156 and VCU-1? We are living in the UK. I'm pretty sure that this is not the first time this has happened but any help would be great.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

newXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to all
Default Re: derportation/visa help

You'll need to provide more details. Such as :

- were you deported by the US authorities or did you use voluntary departure ( you arrange to leave at your own expense by a specified date)

- did you enter under the VWP ? or a visa

- what date did you depart/were deported from the US ?

- if you were arrested, were you charged and/or convicted of any crime ?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 4:07 am
Just Joined

I was deported by US authorities in May 2005, I did enter under vwp but I was never charged with any crime.
My deportation papers do not state how long I have been excluded for but from reading around I'm lead to believe it's 10 years
Old Jan 13th 2010, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

B2 with I think the number is I 197 waiver
Old Jan 13th 2010, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Okay thanks I'll check it out
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

newXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boiler
B2 with I think the number is I 197 waiver
I believe the correct form is I212 "Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal".

Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:46 am
Just Joined

I checked out the I212 and that seems to be the form I need If that gets approved do I then fill in the b2 visa and sent it to the embassy?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John and Steph
I checked out the I212 and that seems to be the form I need If that gets approved do I then fill in the b2 visa and sent it to the embassy?
Basically you apply for a visa, B2, they refuse it because you have a ban, you then ask to file a waiver.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 4:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks Boiler, When you say waiver is that in the form of the I212 or is there some other hoops to jump through?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.usvisalawgroup.com/
Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Deportation/visa help

Any other clues or suggestions, I've not heard good things about professional visa companies.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:01 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Any other clues or suggestions, I've not heard good things about professional visa companies.
Most people have very little good to say about professional visa companies.

Unless, perhaps, you include immigration attorneys in that category. And even then, the range of competence is very, very wide.

Last edited by nettlebed; Jan 16th 2010 at 8:01 am. Reason: s/food/good/
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing good to say about any of them ..care to give their name
some are downright fraudulent