Reload this Page >

Den Dist Off K-1 AOS Q&A..... Med Exam and Vacc Supp

Wikiposts

Den Dist Off K-1 AOS Q&A..... Med Exam and Vacc Supp

Old Mar 11th 2004, 3:53 am
David9287

Default Den Dist Off K-1 AOS Q&A..... Med Exam and Vacc Supp

Hello,
Well, well, well.......... I'm back and here's what I've got. First of all, As-of-Oct 9, 2003 all K-1 AOS apps filed at the local Denver District Office at the Paris Street Office are being forwarded to the NBC in (Missouri), processed and then sent back to the Den Dist Off for the AOS interview.

Q: Will my K-1 "wife" need an additional Medical Exam?
A: NO, if she entered legally on a K-1.
Q: Will I have to submit the I-693?
A: NO, the "panel" doctor enclosed the results in the "sealed envelope" that she was required to give to the POE IO.
Q: What is the Vaccination Supplement.
A: A list of required vaccinations required to adjust status.

Here's where it gets a little tricky!

Q: a). How can we get this form? b). What is form DS 3025?
A: You cannot "get" this form. The form is one of
the "supplements" with the medical exam documents. 1-If she/he was able to "prove" to the "panel" doctor at the K-1 Medical that she/he has had "all" required vaccinations the panel doc will make a note and fill in the "supplement." 2- If you had any vaccinations at the time of the K-1 medical, these were noted by the panel doctor and "should" be made availible to the K-1 for his/her own records. 3- If no vaccines were administered then an "exam" for the "vaccine supplement" will be nessesary to administer the nessesary vaccinations.

Q: How do we know if we have had all the nessesary Vacc?
A: The "panel" doctor indicated accordingly on the DS3025. Did he/she recieve a copy of this form?
A: (Me) YES.
AIO) Then submit it with your AOS pkt.

Q: What about the I-693?
A: I beleive we covered this point.

Q: (IO) Would you like to submit the AOS and EAD?
A: (ME) No, not yet.

Have a good day.

Not even close to a straight answer.... guess he didn't want the "liability" of telling me what to do exactly. Gonna call in a favor with an Immigration Attorney I know (was saving this for any "nightmare" that may have or might arrise) guess this is it! I'm gonna get it straight once and for all (I HOPE). Stay tuned.....lol.

Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:02 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Den Dist Off K-1 AOS Q&A..... Med Exam and Vacc Supp

David,

Sounds pretty straight-forward to me - thanks for providing this information.

What are you still not clear about?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by David9287
Hello,
Well, well, well.......... I'm back and here's what I've got. First of all, As-of-Oct 9, 2003 all K-1 AOS apps filed at the local Denver District Office at the Paris Street Office are being forwarded to the NBC in (Missouri), processed and then sent back to the Den Dist Off for the AOS interview.

Q: Will my K-1 "wife" need an additional Medical Exam?
A: NO, if she entered legally on a K-1.
Q: Will I have to submit the I-693?
A: NO, the "panel" doctor enclosed the results in the "sealed envelope" that she was required to give to the POE IO.
Q: What is the Vaccination Supplement.
A: A list of required vaccinations required to adjust status.

Here's where it gets a little tricky!

Q: a). How can we get this form? b). What is form DS 3025?
A: You cannot "get" this form. The form is one of
the "supplements" with the medical exam documents. 1-If she/he was able to "prove" to the "panel" doctor at the K-1 Medical that she/he has had "all" required vaccinations the panel doc will make a note and fill in the "supplement." 2- If you had any vaccinations at the time of the K-1 medical, these were noted by the panel doctor and "should" be made availible to the K-1 for his/her own records. 3- If no vaccines were administered then an "exam" for the "vaccine supplement" will be nessesary to administer the nessesary vaccinations.

Q: How do we know if we have had all the nessesary Vacc?
A: The "panel" doctor indicated accordingly on the DS3025. Did he/she recieve a copy of this form?
A: (Me) YES.
AIO) Then submit it with your AOS pkt.

Q: What about the I-693?
A: I beleive we covered this point.

Q: (IO) Would you like to submit the AOS and EAD?
A: (ME) No, not yet.

Have a good day.

Not even close to a straight answer.... guess he didn't want the "liability" of telling me what to do exactly. Gonna call in a favor with an Immigration Attorney I know (was saving this for any "nightmare" that may have or might arrise) guess this is it! I'm gonna get it straight once and for all (I HOPE). Stay tuned.....lol.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:13 am
David9287

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
David,

Sounds pretty straight-forward to me - thanks for providing this information.

What are you still not clear about?

Regards, JEff
Hi Jeff,
I guess I was looking for the "do-it-yourself" answer. Do this, and this and do it like this and that... but I think, I SAY THINK, in our case, we would submit the AOS pkt w/DS3025, wo/ I-693 and w/ her EAD docs and "IF" we need further "vaccines" we will be notified prior to the Interview on who, where, when ect.....ie.... (c-pox) as it is not availible in Ukraine. A good ImAtty should know exactly how to proceed, I guess that's what I was looking for.

Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:50 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

David,

Yes, you should include a copy of the DS-3025 with the I-485. If you don't, you will likely be asked to provide it at some point before the application is approved.

The USCIS will not tell you that need further vaccinations. They are not medically competent to make such a determination and they know it. As the person at the Denver office told you, the reason for the vaccination supplement is to document for the USCIS that an approved medically competent person has made this determination. If the vaccination supplement is incomplete - the doctor has not indicated that either yes, you've had a particular vaccination or no, you haven't had it because ... - then you may be referred to a USCIS-approved physician to have the vaccination supplement completed.

The instructions for the I-485 clearly state that a K1 does not need to submit an entire medical report (if the visa medical exam was performed within the past year), only the vaccination supplement. The person at the Denver office confirmed this for you.

Regards, JEff

Hi Jeff,
I guess I was looking for the "do-it-yourself" answer. Do this, and this and do it like this and that... but I think, I SAY THINK, in our case, we would submit the AOS pkt w/DS3025, wo/ I-693 and w/ her EAD docs and "IF" we need further "vaccines" we will be notified prior to the Interview on who, where, when ect.....ie.... (c-pox) as it is not availible in Ukraine. A good ImAtty should know exactly how to proceed, I guess that's what I was looking for.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 5:16 am
David9287

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
David,

Yes, you should include a copy of the DS-3025 with the I-485. If you don't, you will likely be asked to provide it at some point before the application is approved.

The USCIS will not tell you that need further vaccinations. They are not medically competent to make such a determination and they know it. As the person at the Denver office told you, the reason for the vaccination supplement is to document for the USCIS that an approved medically competent person has made this determination. If the vaccination supplement is incomplete - the doctor has not indicated that either yes, you've had a particular vaccination or no, you haven't had it because ... - then you may be referred to a USCIS-approved physician to have the vaccination supplement completed.

The instructions for the I-485 clearly state that a K1 does not need to submit an entire medical report (if the visa medical exam was performed within the past year), only the vaccination supplement. The person at the Denver office confirmed this for you.

Regards, JEff
Jeff,
You are right as I have just reviewed the I485 Instrcs. I think we're ready........ on your mark, get set, GO...........
Thanks bro....

Old Mar 11th 2004, 6:40 am

David,

Best wishes to you and your bride.

Regards, JEff

Jeff,
You are right as I have just reviewed the I485 Instrcs. I think we're ready........ on your mark, get set, GO...........
Thanks bro....