Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Delay Visa List K1 - K3 visa

Delay Visa List K1 - K3 visa

Old Sep 20th 2002, 2:47 pm
Carter

Default Delay Visa List K1 - K3 visa

Here is a good site that has a delayed visa list with tons of people on the
message boards. It looks like possible TV coverage.

Take a look
ht-
tp://www.global7network.com/ru/us_en/immigration/visa_delays/default.asp

Carter & Natalya

Old Sep 21st 2002, 8:27 am
Jack

Default Re: Delay Visa List K1 - K3 visa

"Carter" wrote in message news:...
    > Here is a good site that has a delayed visa list with tons of people on the
    > message boards. It looks like possible TV coverage.
    > Take a look
    > -
    > http://www.global7network.com/ru/us_en/immigration/visa_delays/default.asp

> Carter & Natalya

Please add your name!! it will help everyone

Old Sep 21st 2002, 10:09 am
Mrtravel

I am curious.

Does anyone know how close the vote was on creating the law that is
causing the delay? I suspect it wasn't even close.

Carter wrote:
    > Here is a good site that has a delayed visa list with tons of people on the
    > message boards. It looks like possible TV coverage.
    > Take a look
    > -
    > http://www.global7network.com/ru/us_en/immigration/visa_delays/default.asp

> Carter & Natalya

Old Sep 21st 2002, 11:31 am
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mrtravel:
I am curious.

Does anyone know how close the vote was on creating the law that is
causing the delay? I suspect it wasn't even close.

Mr. T, I gotta agree with you on this one. Here's another question.....

How many of those howling at the top of their lungs about the aditional delay would be helping to slam the gates - if they weren't in their current relationships?

-Don H
Old Sep 21st 2002, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

ftheone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by donahso:

Mr. T, I gotta agree with you on this one. Here's another question.....

How many of those howling at the top of their lungs about the aditional delay would be helping to slam the gates - if they weren't in their current relationships?

-Don H
Sirs:
I am howling about the ineptness of the INS and the DOS in differentiating between terrorists or potential terrorists and the thousands and THOUSANDS of good, honest, hardworking, eventual citizens of the US that are now waiting for visas. The fiancees, wives and children, will eventually get to this country and when they become elgible to vote in a few years they will remember this tramatic period in their lives. And remember that most of the thousands and THOUSANDS of the US Citizens affected already vote.
When the government let the terrorist in a couple of years ago they failed. When they mailed visa extensions to the flight schools for two of the terrorists last spring they failed. And now when they have slammed the door shut on ALL visas last July 22 in Russia and then on August 1st in a few other countries, they have failed again.
While at the same time the DOS has not slammed the door shut and still issues visas on the same day as successful visa interviews in England, Canada, Germany, Saudi Arabia (to name a few). Is NOT slamming the door in ALL countries a sign of disfuntionality? Inequality? Ineptness?
As far as I know not one terrorist has slipped through the INS/DOS net and entered this country since the shoe bomber from England. What is it that is working in filtering out the terrorists in the Consulates of the countries where the terrrorist got through in the past? If they are that good why can't they use these same techniques in filtering out the terrorists in Russia, China, and all the other Consulates around the world? Surely they would be able to distinguish the difference between young woman, some with children, and a potential terrorist!!!! After all they have had their pictures and passport numbers for many months already. In my case the INS has had them since January and the DOS since early June!!!
I applaud and appreciate the efforts of the US government in their efforts in keeping the terrorists out of this country. I do not think it is right to unexpectedly slam the door on all immigrants in Russia, China, or other countries for months without explanation and with no end in sight.

Fred
Old Sep 21st 2002, 1:24 pm
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ftheone:

Sirs:
I am howling about the ineptness of the INS and the DOS in differentiating between terrorists or potential terrorists and the thousands and THOUSANDS of good, honest, hardworking, eventual citizens of the US that are now waiting for visas. The fiancees, wives and children, will eventually get to this country and when they become elgible to vote in a few years they will remember this tramatic period in their lives. And remember that most of the thousands and THOUSANDS of the US Citizens affected already vote.

Well said, Fred. But, I wonder if there really are thousands and thousands? I suspect it is only a few hundred who are currently impacted by the new delays.

When the government let the terrorist in a couple of years ago they failed. When they mailed visa extensions to the flight schools for two of the terrorists last spring they failed. And now when they have slammed the door shut on ALL visas last July 22 in Russia and then on August 1st in a few other countries, they have failed again.
While at the same time the DOS has not slammed the door shut and still issues visas on the same day as successful visa interviews in England, Canada, Germany, Saudi Arabia (to name a few). Is NOT slamming the door in ALL countries a sign of disfuntionality? Inequality? Ineptness?

I agree. The shoe bomber was on an English passport if I remember correctly. The VWP is still in effect and no additional screening is visible. The 9/11 terrorists were Saudi? They still have the 'express - no interview' visas. Is it fair? NO. Does it make sense - based on what we know? NO.

I'll add another inflammatory comment that will get me fried. What about those who come on student, business and tourist visas who overstay and get hitched - then file AOS? To me, it is a slap in the face to those of use who file the I-130 or I-129F and wait MONTHS, sometimes years.

Another is the equality of service at the service centers. Today is day 115 for me, waiting on a I-129F at NSC. VSC kicks them out in 2 weeks. SO? Do my congressmen give a shit? No. Does the press give a shit? No. And yes, my fiancee is in China, so when NSC gets their stuff done, I still have 89 months or so to wait.

As far as I know not one terrorist has slipped through the INS/DOS net and entered this country since the shoe bomber from England. What is it that is working in filtering out the terrorists in the Consulates of the countries where the terrrorist got through in the past? If they are that good why can't they use these same techniques in filtering out the terrorists in Russia, China, and all the other Consulates around the world? Surely they would be able to distinguish the difference between young woman, some with children, and a potential terrorist!!!! After all they have had their pictures and passport numbers for many months already. In my case the INS has had them since January and the DOS since early June!!!

We (and our loved ones) are the collateral damage on the war against terrorism. Unintended victims.

I applaud and appreciate the efforts of the US government in their efforts in keeping the terrorists out of this country. I do not think it is right to unexpectedly slam the door on all immigrants in Russia, China, or other countries for months without explanation and with no end in sight.

Fred

Again, I agree. DOS should be more forthcoming as long as it does not impact national security. You and I are not privy to what is really going on. Maybe there is a reason? If so, I would like to know as badly as you do.

I wish you well in your wait. She will be here. And, mine will be here, too. I hope soon

-Don H

Old Sep 21st 2002, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

ftheone is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said, Fred. But, I wonder if there really are thousands and thousands? I suspect it is only a few hundred who are currently impacted by the new delays.

donahso,
I get my estimate from watching the Moscow Embasy website. They were scheduling between 145 and 200 cases per week during July and August and the first part of September. That is about 1400 (it could be more) cases interviewed since July 22 in Moscow alone. Some of those cases had children. (More than one per case). For instance my fiancee and her son were included in the same case number. So the total number could easily be 2000, and possibly 3000 or more people waiting in Russia alone.
I assume the same numbers apply to China. And then throw in a few more from Egypt and Cuba. My math easily comes up with thousands and THOUSANDS. That is plural.
Just since last week the website www.global7network.com has listed almost 100 couples waiting for visas, some with pictures. Those are people that read these message boards and have volunteered to document their delays on that dating service web site. There are many hundreds of people who file through an immigration attorney and some who will never know about that web site. And a large number of people who will choose not to put their information there for verious reasons.
I assure you, the number of people impacted by these delays around the world is in the thousands. And counting.