Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Deferred Inspection - K1 Boston

Wikiposts

Deferred Inspection - K1 Boston

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:33 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Deferred Inspection - K1 Boston

Following my robbery at the airport on departure and loss of sealed envelope I went into the District Office at Boston yesterday.

There was one other English speaking person there who was a Canadian who'd forgotton his AP when coming back. There were about 6 other people but I don't have a clue what they were there for.

I had a list of everything that would have been in the sealed envelope and took them along. The immigration officer was a really nice woman and we went through everything I had. She took the documents and went away for about 30 mins. After that she came out with my passport that had been taken at immigration at the airport and "Landed me".

All in, the process took about 2 hours. Yet again I found immigration to be really great and a pleasure to deal with. So now I'm officially "in"!

I'm sure everyone here does it, but remember to take copies of everything you have to take to the embassy with you, in case anything happens with your sealed envelope. Embassies don't keep copies.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:39 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deferred Inspection - K1 Boston

Good deal, Sibs.........good to hear from you again and know that things are moving along. Congrats!

~SecretGarden
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Sibsie!! I'm glad to hear that after all everything got taken care of

Lily,
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Way to Sibsie. Been waiting for your follow up post. Welcome to the US and official K-1dom.

Rete

Originally posted by sibsie
Following my robbery at the airport on departure and loss of sealed envelope I went into the District Office at Boston yesterday.

There was one other English speaking person there who was a Canadian who'd forgotton his AP when coming back. There were about 6 other people but I don't have a clue what they were there for.

I had a list of everything that would have been in the sealed envelope and took them along. The immigration officer was a really nice woman and we went through everything I had. She took the documents and went away for about 30 mins. After that she came out with my passport that had been taken at immigration at the airport and "Landed me".

All in, the process took about 2 hours. Yet again I found immigration to be really great and a pleasure to deal with. So now I'm officially "in"!

I'm sure everyone here does it, but remember to take copies of everything you have to take to the embassy with you, in case anything happens with your sealed envelope. Embassies don't keep copies.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats . I am glad to here that this all worked out...

Can you tell us what documents they needed. I would like to include this process in the faq's (document what happened to you).
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steve2003
congrats . I am glad to here that this all worked out...

Can you tell us what documents they needed. I would like to include this process in the faq's (document what happened to you).

Not to be a butitnski but the BE contains everything that both the USC and foreign citizen has given to the USCIS and the US Consulate for the processing of the I-129F and the K-1. That would include the I-129F, documentary evidence, G-325A's, marriage/divorce/birth certificates where applicable, police reports, medical, vaccination supplement, Consulate checklist, I-134 affidavit of support and all documentary evidence, USCIS notes, Consulate notes, required forms sent to the foreign fiancee by the US Consulate, etc.

All those documents will become part of the Foreign Spouse's original file with the USCIS and is required as part of the AOS processing. It needs to be present at the time of the interview or else the results of the interview will be placed on hold (as ours was) until the original file is unearthed.

Rete
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
Not to be a butitnski but the BE contains everything that both the USC and foreign citizen has given to the USCIS and the US Consulate for the processing of the I-129F and the K-1. That would include the I-129F, documentary evidence, G-325A's, marriage/divorce/birth certificates where applicable, police reports, medical, vaccination supplement, Consulate checklist, I-134 affidavit of support and all documentary evidence, USCIS notes, Consulate notes, required forms sent to the foreign fiancee by the US Consulate, etc.

All those documents will become part of the Foreign Spouse's original file with the USCIS and is required as part of the AOS processing. It needs to be present at the time of the interview or else the results of the interview will be placed on hold (as ours was) until the original file is unearthed.

Rete

thanks . I was unsure if there were any documents (that the embassy creates of the CIS) that are internal to the process that are never seen by the petitioner.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Welcome, fellow Alien!

PS. Glad the fluffy kids were allowed in without needing a de-furred inspection!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:09 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Karen D
Welcome, fellow Alien!

PS. Glad the fluffy kids were allowed in without needing a de-furred inspection!

Ugh.........*groan*

~SG
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:11 am
Concierge

Originally posted by Steve2003
thanks . I was unsure if there were any documents (that the embassy creates of the CIS) that are internal to the process that are never seen by the petitioner.

LOL there might well be ;-) Can imagine a write by the examiner of your:

1. Mode of dress;

2. Manner in which you handle yourself;

3. Ability to converse intelligently and coherently;

4. Background check on your employment record;

5. High school transcripts and more importantly, the guidance office evaluation of you;

6. Ease dropping transcriptions of your last five week phone calls and parties;

7. Mom and Dad's pleadings that you not be given the K-1 because they don't want you to marry that US bum;

8. Mom and Dad's pleadings that they give you the K-1 so that they can enjoy the empty nest syndrome;

9. Etc.

Rete
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

First off, Sibsie, congratulations and I am glad your dealings with immigration again went smoothly. I'm really happy everything turned out okay!

Second - Rete (or anyone) - I was already planning an entire 'back up file' for just in case, when I read Rete's ''is required as part of AOS processing'' remark.
Does that mean that people who consular file for a CR-1 do not receive a Mysterious Brown Envelope? I would be sad if we don't, it sounds so Scooby-Doo.

Elaine
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Karen D
Oh my gosh! Bwahahahaa!!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

LOL there might well be ;-) Can imagine a write by the examiner of your:

1. Mode of dress;

2. Manner in which you handle yourself;

3. Ability to ............
Oh my gosh again! What is this, the comedian thread?! Y'all are so funny today. I like it.

Elaine
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that despite the situation, it's all turned out wonderful! Now we can all officially welcome you to the US!! Hope you and Steve have a lovely wedding!

Cheers,
Jamie

PS: After Scott read about this, he has said that he will now be handcuffing the brown envelope to his person (kind of like the Secret Service does with nuclear codes) LOL!, and will not give it up for anything. A mugger can take everything else, just not his passport and BE.
Concierge

Originally posted by HunterGreen
First off, Sibsie, congratulations and I am glad your dealings with immigration again went smoothly. I'm really happy everything turned out okay!

Second - Rete (or anyone) - I was already planning an entire 'back up file' for just in case, when I read Rete's ''is required as part of AOS processing'' remark.
Does that mean that people who consular file for a CR-1 do not receive a Mysterious Brown Envelope? I would be sad if we don't, it sounds so Scooby-Doo.

Elaine

'course you do ;-) What do you think will be in the file when you (or if you) apply for naturalization ;-) Or if you are conditional instead of LPR then you need a file for removal. Not to worry you will have a file.

Rete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.