Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

December and march ... Travel dates.

December and march ... Travel dates.

Old Dec 18th 2017, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default December and march ... Travel dates.

Flying out to the states on wed 20th and getting married on the 26th and then flying back to the uk on January 6th.
My question is I've re-booked to go back in march for 5 weeks. This wont be a problem will it, at port of entry ?
Many thanks..
Old Dec 18th 2017, 8:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: December and march ... Travel dates.

Probably not.

Rene
Old Dec 18th 2017, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Probably not.

Rene
Thanks for quick reply, lastly when your visa is stamped , is it automatically valid each time for the 3 months, I ask this as I can clearly see this on the stamp last October but can't make it out with my trip in July of this year ..
Thankyou.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 8:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no visa.

It's never 3 months. It's 90 days.

Going back to the UK (or further away than Canada, Mexico, or adjacent islands) will give you a new 90 days. If you are allowed entry, its always the full 90 days.

Rene
Old Dec 18th 2017, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

There is no visa.

Going back to the UK (or further away than Canada, Mexico, or adjacent islands) will give you a new 90 days. If you are allowed entry, its always the full 90 days.

Rene
Thanks again, lastly as I'm going away for 5 weeks in march with the officer at the port of entry know this and will it be already on his computer in front of him...
Just nervous now for the second trip and I haven't even done this one yet... I just don't want to be denied...
Regards...
Old Dec 18th 2017, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As you will have a new husband in the US, I would suggest carrying documentation evidence that you will be returning to the UK following your 5 weeks; accommodation, employment etc
Old Dec 18th 2017, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Tkd67!

You sound rather anxious, which I completely understand - I was all kinds of worried about somehow putting my foot in it at the airport when I was flying over to get married, and the subsequent trips between then and my emigration - but you needn't be! Remind yourself that the main thing the officers at POE are concerned about, is that you're not trying to enter the USA to live there illegally. You're not. Everything you are doing is perfectly legal and is done all the time.

When I flew over to get married, I was asked approximately three or four of the usual questions (what is the purpose of your visit, when are you returning to the UK, etc.) and I was out in the arrivals lounge quicker than I ever had been before. Remember to be honest, do not feel you need to provide any information that hasn't been asked for, and you'll sail on through. And as for your planned trips later this year, they are of no concern to the officers at POE right now. They understand that people have long-distance relationships and travel frequently to visit each other, and like SanDiegogirl said, so long as you can provide evidence of ties to the UK and proof that you are intending to return (should you be asked to provide these things, and you likely won't, but they're good to have for back-up), you're golden. I spent two solid months (on one trip alone) in the USA between my wedding and my emigration, and nobody batted an eyelid. Once you're let in, you're let in for up to 90 days, and so long as you leave prior to the end of those, you're doing exactly what they'd hope and expect of you.

Take a deep breath, know that everything you're doing is above board and has been done thousands of times before by thousands of other people, and let yourself be excited about your upcoming wedding!

Congratulations!
Old Dec 18th 2017, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all for the speedy replies all much welcomed.
Agreed I am nervous and do worry but I know your all right and I will take note..
Stress does funny things to you lol
I will take that deep breath...
Thank you all....
Old Dec 18th 2017, 9:44 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

If you are allowed entry, its always the full 90 days.

Rene
I'll beg to differ on that. I have an entry stamp in one of my passports that is 2 days after my return flight. About 22 days after date of entry. No idea why the passport expiry date was well past the normal 90 days. But he asked how long I was visiting for and that was what I got, plus 2 extra days.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury
I'll beg to differ on that. I have an entry stamp in one of my passports that is 2 days after my return flight. About 22 days after date of entry. No idea why the passport expiry date was well past the normal 90 days. But he asked how long I was visiting for and that was what I got, plus 2 extra days.
Wow, how odd. Thanks for that note.

To the OP, do not stay longer than 90 days, even if it says that in your passport.

Rene
Old Dec 19th 2017, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

There is no visa.

Rene
Not my experience. On my many trips before I moved here I was normally given a few days more than when I said I would be leaving, but that was several years ago. Maybe it has changed?
Old Dec 19th 2017, 12:28 pm

My understanding is that with the VWP it's "all or nothing".

Rene