Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCFer got his green card

DCFer got his green card

Old Dec 27th 2004, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

IanandHolly is on a distinguished road
Smile DCFer got his green card

In the post today I got my first 3 letters addressed to me at my new US address. I have 2 welcome letters from the United States of America and now wait...... my permanent resident card!!!

I arrived in the US w/my visa on the 7th of December and have been enjoying the holidays since. I've been eagerly awaiting my Social Security Card as I want to go out and get my driving license and start applying for jobs bank accounts etc. That should be here any day now as they said I should get it 2 weeks after my arrival in the states which would have been around the 21st or so. However, getting the green card was a HUGE surprise as I was told I would get in approx. six months. Its sooo nifty too. like a little credit card w/a weird strip on the back that reflects all the info on the front and looks somewhat like a strip of negatives.

I suppose its nice to know that at least one department is on the ball...

Ian
Old Dec 27th 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

icantthink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCFer got his green card

Originally Posted by IanandHolly
In the post today I got my first 3 letters addressed to me at my new US address. I have 2 welcome letters from the United States of America and now wait...... my permanent resident card!!!

I arrived in the US w/my visa on the 7th of December and have been enjoying the holidays since. I've been eagerly awaiting my Social Security Card as I want to go out and get my driving license and start applying for jobs bank accounts etc. That should be here any day now as they said I should get it 2 weeks after my arrival in the states which would have been around the 21st or so. However, getting the green card was a HUGE surprise as I was told I would get in approx. six months. Its sooo nifty too. like a little credit card w/a weird strip on the back that reflects all the info on the front and looks somewhat like a strip of negatives.

I suppose its nice to know that at least one department is on the ball...

Ian
Congratulations!

The strip of negatives are actually small images -- the top line is all the presidents from Washington to Clinton, and the botton is all the state flags (I may have reversed the top and the bottom).

This should tell you how much time I've spent staring lovingly at my little card
Old Dec 28th 2004, 12:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Ian
Old Dec 28th 2004, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

berthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Congratulations!

Ian
Congrats Ian,

I'm just waiting for some more info from my joint sponsor to come through, as I had a setback and request for more info at my interview. That will hopefully be with me this week.

Good luck.

Berthman
Old Dec 28th 2004, 7:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

WooHoo!
Welcome to America, my man!
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, sounds like a very similar story to me, I got here at the start of November, got my GC after 2 1/2 weeks, social security number took 3 1/2 weeks! Don't worry, it'll be through along soon