With the TSC taking so long to process K-1 applications, would anyone
have any advice on if DCF would be the better/faster route to getting
my fiance here and eligible to work immediately?? I have a message in
to the consulate in Chile, where my fiance is from, to see if they
allow DCF for non-residents. Any advice or information on experiences
would be much appreciated. Thanks all and hang in there to those
still waiting on TSC!

Old Feb 28th 2003, 6:39 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF the way to go??

Originally posted by Rebecca
With the TSC taking so long to process K-1 applications, would anyone
have any advice on if DCF would be the better/faster route to getting
my fiance here and eligible to work immediately?? I have a message in
to the consulate in Chile, where my fiance is from, to see if they
allow DCF for non-residents. Any advice or information on experiences
would be much appreciated. Thanks all and hang in there to those
still waiting on TSC!
The Consul's website http://www.usembassy.cl/ sounds promising. You will have to file by mail, and they state no limitations on the USC's residency. I hope you did not use the term DCF exclusively in your email, as the staffers don't use that term and may not be familiar with it. You need to ask about filing a petition I-130 on behalf of a spouse.

As to whether it would be better/faster for you, I can't answer. However, if you can afford the money and time off to go down and get it started, you don't have to wait for the visa application. The USC only needs to appear (and in Chile's case you don't appear, you mail) for the I-130 filing. Your new spouse completes the waiting and interviewing. For your interest in having the new spouse work right away, DCF is bar far superior in that he/she may work as soon as they arrive and apply for a Social Security number.