Wikiposts

DCF in UK

Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

tiddi is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone tell me what AOS stands for please?
Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:25 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

adjustment of status
Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

gosh yes...how silly i sound...thanx
could anyone explain what 1st NAO & 2nd NAO and 3rd and 4th packets are?
Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by tiddi
gosh yes...how silly i sound...thanx
could anyone explain what 1st NAO & 2nd NAO and 3rd and 4th packets are?

AOS: Affidavit of Support and/or Adjustment of States
EAD: Employment Authorization Document
DCF: Direct Consular FIling
POE: Port of Entry
NOA: Notice of Action and/or Notice of Approval

Packets is the paper work you file for each stage of the process!!!

Sal
Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

not handed my petition in yet......annie lives in north carolina so she comes under Atlanta INS.........i don't know which is gonna be the best route for me.......do the K1 visa and wait here and visit each other....or marry her here in the uk and do the K3 visa.........if i go k3 route it means we'll be married but be apart until the visa process takes it's course....so i'd want to stay with her in the states legally(up to 90 days a time).....and have my mum in the uk forward me any correspondence to the states.....until it's time to come back to the uk for my medical and interview.........anyone any tips or ideas or advice on anything i've said will be helpful....be abrupt or rude if you want to......i'm trying to get any ideas as to which is my best route to take.....

Last edited by tiddi; Feb 28th 2003 at 8:52 am.
Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

thanx everyone....i'm slowly learning the terminology used.......have to start off somewhere
Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

not handed my petition in yet......annie lives in north carolina so she comes under Atlanta INS.........i don't know which is gonna be the best route for me.......do the K1 visa and wait here and visit each other....or marry her here in the uk and do the K3 visa.........if i go k3 route it means we'll be married but be apart until the visa process takes it's course....so i'd want to stay with her in the states legally(up to 90 days a time).....and have my mum in the uk forward me any correspondence to the states.....until it's time to come back to the uk for my medical and interview.........anyone any tips or ideas or advice on anything i've said will be helpful....be abrupt or rude if you want to......i'm trying to get any ideas as to which is my best route to take.....
I think your question has been answered?????
There is NO easy or best way of doing this,It's a very hard process and you will end up spending some time apart.
It's very testing on the relationship but you get through it.

Sal
Old Feb 28th 2003, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

sal...in your timeline you mention divorce papers...annie has been separated from her husband for over 2 years.....since meeting me she is using her attorney cousin to push the divorce through......he told her she'll get her certificate through by mid march.........that's what's been holding her up in the visa process.....i thought there would be a way of starting the ball rolling...but i think she wants her certificate in her hand before sending off my petition
Old Feb 28th 2003, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sal...in your timeline you mention divorce papers...annie has been separated from her husband for over 2 years.....since meeting me she is using her attorney cousin to push the divorce through......he told her she'll get her certificate through by mid march.........that's what's been holding her up in the visa process.....i thought there would be a way of starting the ball rolling...but i think she wants her certificate in her hand before sending off my petition

You must be divorced before you start any process!!!!!
The decree nisi has to go off with the paper work!!!!!

Sal
Old Feb 28th 2003, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

thanx sal........then i'll wait....but i'll troll this site to read up on things until she gets it in her hand
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 4:08 am
Kkwaterman

Default Re: DCF in UK

I know that others have given you there full share of advice, and I don't
necessarily want to add to it, but here goes. It seems you all have lots of
things complicating an already complicated INS (or BCIS) process.

The K1 process which my UK husband and I recently completed is long but pretty
straightforward through the London consulate. You can't do DCF there. We did
the K1 visa because there are certain rules about getting married in England.
You might want to check into that as well. Both parties have to present in
England for 2 or 3 weeks prior to the wedding and signing the registry has a
few other issus that I can't remember because it's been a year since we looked
into it.

All I am saying is that it takes a bit of time to figure out the system... do
your homework. This site can't educate you on all the ins and outs. Read
www.k1faq.com and doc steen's site.

Old Mar 2nd 2003, 10:06 am
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough
Default Tiddi

Okay, I understand what you're going through hun!! You have to wait until her divorce is final she has to send copies of her divorce decree with her paperwork. SHE has to file all the paperwork although there are parts of the petition you have to fill out yourself including 325A-Biological Information forms, and you have to also write a statement on your intent to be with this person. You have to show proof you have met in person. During the process of the K1 visa the person in the UK, CANNOT visit the u.s. (i don't think someone jump in if i'm wrong) because you'll probably be turned away at the port of entry because you might be trying to enter the country under false pretenses.....the K1 Fiance process takes less time then the K3 spousal visa process....so yes it would be better to be married here within the 90 days after your k1 visa is approved.....there is no Atlanta BCIS office for K1 visas i think North Carolina goes through Texas (correct me if i'm wrong people).....and there will be a 3 to 6 month wait for the process to be over with i think for the k1...i'm still new at this so you people with more knowledge please correct any mistakes i've done!!

Carey