Wikiposts

DCF in Turkey

Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF in Turkey

Originally posted by rzack
Yes...waiting is painful. I hope you will hear good news soon. FEDEX have 2 days delivery. Another options you can use UPS or Airborne Express.

One thing DCF is great because your wife doesn't have to deal with all kinds of forms for Adjustment of Status. She even can work without having hassle to apply EAD.
For some reason the delivery to my wife's home town is usually 4 days with Fedex. It usually gets to Istanbul in 2 days and then it takes 1 to 2 days to get to her home town. I have tried everything but this is the fastest way and I never had a problem of a lost package. The only thing I can get to my wife faster is flowers which I am amazed that when I order flowers let's sat today they will be there tomorrow even though my wife is 7 hours ahead.

The one thing I don't think my wife would have to deal with is getting a new SSN because she already has one from when she lived here with her green card. I could be wrong but I think her SSN remains the same.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by SidAngelika
Well dude! Your definately riding that same ole horse I have been on for the same time..

It does get very hard to hear your wife crying for you, and your so freaking helpless here, running out of words to comfort her. Only getting more pissed at this system that our Gov has set for us ( US Tax Payers) to live by. They didnt say that we have to be happy with it, because I am NOT!

When I do get in Germany, we plan on going to Frankfurt and filing DCF. We will call and make an appointment for the time when I will be there.

We share the same emotions for sure! Good luck..

You never know? Could this be our week?
I agree with everything you post all the time. The word that struck me is helpless. That's exactly how I feel.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, SS# is maintain the same.

Flowers delivery is fast because the company that you order with have contacts with the local florist. So, the flowers actually came from there but they charge it quite expensive. I used to get flowers from Interflora.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by rzack
Yes, SS# is maintain the same.

Flowers delivery is fast because the company that you order with have contacts with the local florist. So, the flowers actually came from there but they charge it quite expensive. I used to get flowers from Interflora.
I use flora2000. You don't understand even though the flowers come from Turkey there seems to always be a hold up in doing things there. Airlines Ticket, Western Union, Hotels and Banks all seem to work slow in her home town. That's why I say I am amazed that the flower deliveries are fast and ususally reflect the picture on the internet. LOL.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by tmushen
I still have not left because each week I say to myself one more week, one more week and we will have the approval. I still have my open ticket but my patience is getting thin. My wife said let's give it one more week so we will wait until next Friday before we do anything.
Good luck John.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
Good luck John.
Thanks
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

We should have done this from the beginning as the instructions say that 5 days after receiving the documents if everything is in order Ankara will schedule an interview in a few days after that.
Hi T,

I'm wondering about this part....5 days after receiving docs, they will schedule an interview a few days later. Even when you DCF, don't they still have to send the file to NVC for security clearance? It seems that would still involve some time. An Iranian man posting here recently did DCF in Turkey for his Iranian wife (hey, I just answered my own earlier post! lol), and it still took 6 weeks to go through NVC. You might want to keep that in mind, or pose this specific question to Ankara.

Best Wishes!
Rene
p.s. Seems like everything moves more slowly in Turkey, no matter what city. A translation I could have gotten done here in 3 days took Sadegh 7 days to get done! :-(
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

I don't blame you for being pissed. I am pissed for you. But shouldn't you be pissed at your attorney. You believe he messed this up according to your previous post. Anyway good luck. I tried to DCF in Colombia but missed the last day by 11 days.

I still have not left because each week I say to myself one more week, one more week and we will have the approval. I still have my open ticket but my patience is getting thin. My wife said let's give it one more week so we will wait until next Friday before we do anything.

It will probably take a week for Fedex to deliver the new forms to my wife (I130, G325A and the marriage translation which I paid the lawyer here to do with the original filing). I am going to send all that stuff to my wife on Monday and if nothing changes by Friday then we are going to send everything in to Ankara.

We should have done this from the beginning as the instructions say that 5 days after receiving the documents if everything is in order Ankara will schedule an interview in a few days after that. I am waiting until Friday because that will mark 60 days from the time MSC has received my answer to their RFE. Yes can you believe 60 days on top 103 days we had waited to get the original RFE. Unbelieveable so part of me hopes for the approval and other part says just do the DCF because even after the approval who knows what else they can possibly do to hold it up at NVC. I have absolutely no confidence in BCIS and it pisses me off because I pay a great amount of taxes both personally and in my corporations and to be treated like this is crazy.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by lpdiver
I don't blame you for being pissed. I am pissed for you. But shouldn't you be pissed at your attorney. You believe he messed this up according to your previous post. Anyway good luck. I tried to DCF in Colombia but missed the last day by 11 days.
Trust me I am pissed at him but he insists he did nothing wrong and even if he did admit that he sent G325A in late or not at all I still have to decide what I want to do. I am even more pissed because he never gave me the DCF option and then told me some bullshit about how it could take even longer if I had filed in Turkey.

Turkey says the whole process takes about a month. We have had some experience with the Embassy and it they were extremely fast and efficeint. My wife had to renew the passports for her children. We had to send a whole bunch of orginal paperwork because my wife was divorced including original birth certificates and divorce decree. The Embassy communicated real well with her and told her that everything will be sent to the US and as soon as they get everything back the passports would be issued. This took exactly two weeks from the time my wife sent the Embassy everything until the Embassy sent the originals and passports back to my wife. Additionally they respond to emails in one day even though their automated email response says it could take up to 5 days to get a response.

Thus the Embassy in my opinion is exactly opposite in comparison to the BCIS. BCIS doesn't come close to their time frames while at least this particular Embassy from our few experiences delivers prior to their stated time frames.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

The whole process is frustrating for sure. Wisah i coould DCF ans savce time/money.

Trust me I am pissed at him but he insists he did nothing wrong and even if he did admit that he sent G325A in late or not at all I still have to decide what I want to do. I am even more pissed because he never gave me the DCF option and then told me some bullshit about how it could take even longer if I had filed in Turkey.

Turkey says the whole process takes about a month. We have had some experience with the Embassy and it they were extremely fast and efficeint. My wife had to renew the passports for her children. We had to send a whole bunch of orginal paperwork because my wife was divorced including original birth certificates and divorce decree. The Embassy communicated real well with her and told her that everything will be sent to the US and as soon as they get everything back the passports would be issued. This took exactly two weeks from the time my wife sent the Embassy everything until the Embassy sent the originals and passports back to my wife. Additionally they respond to emails in one day even though their automated email response says it could take up to 5 days to get a response.

Thus the Embassy in my opinion is exactly opposite in comparison to the BCIS. BCIS doesn't come close to their time frames while at least this particular Embassy from our few experiences delivers prior to their stated time frames.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

In my own experience, they aren't consistent with their email responses. Sometimes I'll get an answer overnight, sometimes none at all and I have to send a 2nd request. A couple of times I've gotten responses from 2 different people regarding the same email. Most of the time, it's an average of 2 or 3 days turnaround on an email answer.

So, Ankara didn't specifically address how they handle the security checks from there? It seems amazing they could accomplish in one month, what takes (so far) 11 months from this side. Makes you wonder.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Noorah101
In my own experience, they aren't consistent with their email responses. Sometimes I'll get an answer overnight, sometimes none at all and I have to send a 2nd request. A couple of times I've gotten responses from 2 different people regarding the same email. Most of the time, it's an average of 2 or 3 days turnaround on an email answer.

So, Ankara didn't specifically address how they handle the security checks from there? It seems amazing they could accomplish in one month, what takes (so far) 11 months from this side. Makes you wonder.
This is the part below that I believe makes the wait about a month if it is required. As I said previously when we renewed the passports all information including the original documents were sent to the US by the Embassy and returned to my wife in 2 weeks.

If a security check is required, the beneficiary will be required to return to the Embassy after the check has been completed. The Embassy will request and receive the required clearance for the applicant from the United States. We recommend that applicants return home while they wait for a clearance. Once the Embassy has received the clearance, the applicant’s case number (which will be given to you at the interview) will be posted on our website. It will be your responsibility to check our website to see if your clearance is complete. Once your number appears on the site, you will need to return to the U.S. Embassy in Ankara. After you present yourself at the Embassy, if your application is complete, your visa will be sent to you at your address in Turkey within five working days.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

I guess he covered himself by saying it "could" take longer in Turkey. Of course anyone familiar with this board would know that DCF is nearly always a better option than the K1 or K3. I'm rooting for you, man!

Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
I guess he covered himself by saying it "could" take longer in Turkey. Of course anyone familiar with this board would know that DCF is nearly always a better option than the K1 or K3. I'm rooting for you, man!
Thanks I am getting everything ready right now (I130, G325A, etc). I will send it to my wife tomorrow and if we don't get any approvals this week (I129F or I130) we are going to send everything in next Monday.